Break & Summer Housing
Intent to Stay Notification Form
What are your plans after Thanksgiving break? Have you thought about if you are going to stay on campus after Thanksgiving break or return home for the remainder of the semester?
All students are required to inform the Office of Residence Life of their plans for the remainder of the semester. The information will be used to help ensure the safety and security of our students. Please see below for information regarding housing and the remainder of the semester.
- Residence Halls close 10:00 AM November 24th for Thanksgiving Break
- Residence Halls reopen at 12 PM on November 28th for those who indicated they are returning
- Residence Halls close for Winter Break on Sunday, December 19th
- Residence Halls reopen at noon on Sunday, January 17th
The University has made the decision that following Thanksgiving break, classes and finals will be conducted in an online-only modality. Since classes will be on-line, students have a few options regarding campus housing for the remainder of the semester. Students have the following options below. All resident students are required to login to their MyHousing account and complete the Intent to Stay Notification Form.
Complete the Intent to Stay Notification Form through you MyHousing account by:
- Log into your CabriniOne account (one.cabrini.edu) using your username and password.
- Click on the student tab (located at the top)
- Click on “MyHousing” (located in the bottom right corner)
- Located under Application you will select- Intent to Stay Notification Form
What are your housing needs?
- Are you applying to stay over Thanksgiving Break?
- Are you applying to stay over Winter Break?
- Do you plan to return to housing for the Spring 22 semester?
If you do not plan to live on campus this Spring 2022, you will need to complete a Housing Cancelation Application through your MyHousing account. You can move-out at either Thanksgiving Break or Winter Closing.
Please keep in mind, for those who plan to return for Spring 2022, you do not need to move your items out or return your key when leaving campus this semester. Please plan and pack appropriately as we will not allow students in the buildings while the University is closed for the holidays break periods.
The Office of Residence Life will contact you with additional instructions regarding what you selected on the Intent to Stay Notification Form.
Students may request housing during breaks and during the summer, as well as early arrival or late check‑out.
- Break schedules are listed on the Academic Calendar.
Residence Life tries to accommodate students who need housing on campus for academics, athletics, or on‑campus jobs. Students must be in good financial standing and cleared by the Cavalier Express Center.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- Any residents involved in a potential violation of Cabrini policies during break may be asked to leave immediately.
- You will be charged $30 a night for each night you stay on campus during break.
- If you are required by the University to be here for athletics or work, you will not be charged for your stay. Any other reason, you will be charged.
*Fees will be automatically applied to your student account if you are approved.
Students requesting summer housing must be enrolled in summer classes or be approved to work on campus by a sponsoring department.
Dining services are not available during breaks. Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Summer housing does not include a meal plan. Students may purchase a Cavalier Card to use in CRUSH and Cavs Corner, which will be open during limited summer hours.
Housing During Break
Generally, students approved for break housing may stay in their own rooms during short breaks.
During winter break, students may have to stay in another room, either by arrangement with a friend or by Residence Life assignment. Houses are closed during winter break.
- All residents of a room, suite, or apartment must approve any request to stay in that room during break.
Housing over winter break is granted to students who meet the following criteria:
- International student
- Enrolled in winter course(s)
- Working with a Cabrini sponsored Department
- Completing an internship
Application for Break & Summer Housing
- Log into the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
- Select the Students tab and then Housing.
- Select the “myhousing” link, which will open a new window.
- Select the Application tab.
- Complete the information requested and submit.
|Semester||Application available||Application Deadline|
|Thanksgiving Break||Fall 2021||November 4, 2021||November 19, 2021 9 AM|
|Winter Break||Fall 2021||November 29, 2021||December 13, 2021 9AM|
|Spring Break||Spring 2022||February 7, 2022||February 18, 2022 9 AM|
For break housing requests, Residence Life will notify students within 72 business hours, via their official Cabrini email.
For summer housing requests, Residence Life will notify students via their official Cabrini email account.
- Students remain in their spring-semester housing assignment until notified that a summer housing assignment is ready and after completing a Room Condition Report and signing out keys.
Students staying only for Summer Session I must vacate their rooms and return their key by
Students staying for Summer Session II must vacate their rooms and return their key by
For more information, contact Residence Life at 610.902.8410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.