Break & Summer Housing
Students may request housing during breaks and during the summer, as well as early arrival or late check‑out.
- Break schedules are listed on the Academic Calendar.
Residence Life tries to accommodate students who need housing on campus for academics, athletics, or on‑campus jobs. Students must be in good financial standing and cleared by the Cavalier Express Center.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- Any residents involved in a potential violation of Cabrini policies during break may be asked to leave immediately.
Students requesting summer housing must be enrolled in summer classes or be approved to work on campus by a sponsoring department.
Dining services are not available during breaks. Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Summer housing does not include a meal plan. Students may purchase a Cavalier Card to use in The Cabrini Bean and Cavs Corner, which will be open during limited summer hours.
Housing During Break
Generally, students approved for break housing may stay in their own rooms during short breaks.
During winter break, students may have to stay in another room, either by arrangement with a friend or by Residence Life assignment. Houses are closed during winter break.
- All residents of a room, suite, or apartment must approve any request to stay in that room during break.
Housing over winter break is granted to students who meet the following criteria:
- International student
- Enrolled in winter course(s)
- Working with a Cabrini sponsored Department
- Completing an internship
Application for Break & Summer Housing
- Log into the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
- Select the Students tab and then Housing.
- Select the “myhousing” link, which will open a new window.
- Select the Application tab.
- Complete the information requested and submit.
|Semester||Application available||Application Deadline|
|Thanksgiving Break||Fall 2018||November 1, 2018||November 20, 2018|
|Winter Break||Fall 2018||December 1, 2018||December 12, 2018|
|Spring Break||Spring 2019||February 8, 2019||February 22, 2019|
|Spring 2019||March 5, 2019||March 26, 2019|
Summer Housing Application
|Summer 2019||To be announced||To be announced|
For break housing requests, Residence Life will notify students within 72 business hours, via their official Cabrini email.
For summer housing requests, Residence Life will notify students via their official Cabrini email account by Monday, May 13, 2019.
- Students remain in their spring-semester housing assignment until notified that a summer housing assignment is ready and after completing a Room Condition Report and signing out keys.
Students staying only for Summer Session I must vacate their rooms and return their key by Monday, July 2, 2019.
Students staying for Summer Session II must vacate their rooms and return their key by Monday, August 13, 2019.
For more information, contact Residence Life at 610.902.8410 or email@example.com.