Break & Summer Housing
Intent to Stay Notification Form
What are your plans after Thanksgiving break? Have you thought about if you are going to stay on campus after Thanksgiving break or return home for the remainder of the semester?
All students are required to inform the Office of Residence Life of their plans for the remainder of the semester. The information will be used to help ensure the safety and security of our students. Please see below for information regarding housing and the remainder of the semester.
- Residence Halls close for Thanksgiving Break: TBA
- Residence Halls reopen at 12:00 noon PM on November 27th
- Residence Halls close for Winter Break: TBA
- Residence Halls reopen at 12:00 noon on: TBA
The University has made the decision that following Thanksgiving break, classes and finals will be conducted in an online-only modality. Since classes will be on-line, students have a few options regarding campus housing for the remainder of the semester. Students have the following options below. All resident students are required to login to their MyHousing account and complete the Intent to Stay Notification Form.
Complete the Intent to Stay Notification Form through you MyHousing account by:
- Log into your CabriniOne account (one.cabrini.edu) using your username and password.
- Click on the student tab (located at the top)
- Click on “MyHousing” (located in the bottom right corner)
- Located under Application you will select- Intent to Stay Notification Form
Students may request housing during breaks and during the summer, as well as early arrival or late check‑out.
- Break schedules are listed on the Academic Calendar.
Residence Life tries to accommodate students who need housing on campus for academics, athletics, or on‑campus jobs. Students must be in good financial standing and cleared by the Cavalier Express Center.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- Any residents involved in a potential violation of Cabrini policies during break may be asked to leave immediately.
- You will be charged $30 a night for each night you stay on campus during break.
- If you are required by the University to be here for athletics or work, you will not be charged for your stay. Any other reason, you will be charged.
*Fees will be automatically applied to your student account if you are approved.
Students requesting summer housing must be enrolled in summer classes or be approved to work on campus by a sponsoring department.
Dining services are not available during breaks. Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Summer housing does not include a meal plan. Students may purchase a Cavalier Card to use in CRUSH and Cavs Corner, which will be open during limited summer hours.
Housing During Break
Generally, students approved for break housing may stay in their own rooms during short breaks.
During winter break, students may have to stay in another room, either by arrangement with a friend or by Residence Life assignment. Houses are closed during winter break.
- All residents of a room, suite, or apartment must approve any request to stay in that room during break.
Housing over winter break is granted to students who meet the following criteria:
- International student
- Enrolled in winter course(s)
- Working with a Cabrini sponsored Department
- Completing an internship
Application for Break & Summer Housing
- Log into the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
- Select the Students tab and then Housing.
- Select the “myhousing” link, which will open a new window.
- Select the Application tab.
- Complete the information requested and submit.
|Semester||Application available||Application Deadline|
|Thanksgiving Break||Fall 2022||TBA||TBA|
|Winter Break||Fall 2022||TBA||TBA|
|Spring Break||Spring 2023||TBA||TBA|
For break housing requests, Residence Life will notify students within 72 business hours, via their official Cabrini email.
For summer housing requests, Residence Life will notify students via their official Cabrini email account.
- Students remain in their spring-semester housing assignment until notified that a summer housing assignment is ready and after completing a Room Condition Report and signing out keys.
Students staying only for Summer Session I must vacate their rooms and return their key by
Students staying for Summer Session II must vacate their rooms and return their key by
For more information, contact Residence Life at 610.902.8410 or email@example.com.