A MESSAGE FROM INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
Dear Family and Friends of Cabrini,
Cabrini University is celebrating its 65th Anniversary throughout 2022. The journey of our beloved College, now University, has been a heartfelt, meaningful experience since it began in 1957. It is a story of growth and rising impact through the Education of the Heart.
Cabrini is a unique institution. Our founders and those faculty and staff on whose shoulders we stand are our own. They from the beginning put the truth of the world and our students first.
In the spirit of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini and the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Cabrini is a welcoming place where all who matriculate can belong. Our alumni and alumnae are family members for life and continue to perfect our institution through their advice and support.
Our alumni populate education, law, medicine, communication, science, the arts, and all forms of business. They do so as empathetic, accountable leaders, and as team members to build a better world.
Thank you for your generous support of Cabrini’s students. On these pages, you’ll find information on how to give and stories that share why your gift matters. We thank you for being part of the Cabrini difference.
May we together continue to meet the challenges of our times and the aspirations of our humanity.
Yours in Cabrini,
Steve Highsmith (‘88)
Vice President, Advancement & External Affairs
The extraordinary experience of a Cabrini education would not be possible without the generous support of alumni, parents, and friends.
Gifts and grants support everything that happens at Cabrini. They make it possible to keep classes small, to attract and retain outstanding faculty, to offer first-rate programs and resources, to innovate in the curriculum, and to advance Cabrini’s mission in many other ways.
Charitable contributions also support Cabrini’s generous program of student and financial aid, which brings a Cabrini education within the reach of students who otherwise would not be able to afford it.
- Gifts to the Cabrini Fund provide direct, immediate support to sustain all University operations.
- Scholarships provide aid to students for financial need or academic merit.
- ImpactCabrini allows you to support projects and causes that you care about. It’s a way of generating small contributions from a large audience.
- Matching Gifts allow businesses to match contributions made by their employees.
- Planning a bequest in your will ensures that we can continue to provide the best Cabrini education possible to our students for generations to come. Read more about Gift Planning here.
- Gift Planning allows donors to plan their gifts to Cabrini.
- Cabrini Visionaries Gala celebration recognizes the men and women who embody the true spirit of Cabrini and its core values of respect, vision, community, and dedication to excellence.
- The Cabrini Classic, includes an 18-hole round of golf, followed by a dinner and silent auction.
Fundraising is another method groups on campus can gain contributions for their specific efforts. Any department or group interested in fundraising must complete the Fundraising Form at least 60-days in advance of the projected event date.
Cabrini University is a charitable organization. As provided by law, gifts to Cabrini where no goods or services are received are tax‑deductible.
Deduction Available in Tax Year 2021: Up to $300 per taxpayer ($600 for a married couple) in annual charitable contributions. This is available only to people who take the standard deduction (for taxpayers who do not itemize their deductions). It is an “above the line” adjustment to income that will reduce a donor’s adjusted gross income (AGI), and thereby reduce taxable income. A donation to a donor advised fund (DAF) does not qualify for this new deduction. For other changes for 2021 for individuals and corporations, please consult an advisor.
Cabrini’s tax ID number is 23-1526668.