Checking Out of Housing
All residence halls close at 10:00AM on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Students who are NOT returning to housing for the spring semester should check out of his/her residence hall no later than Sunday, December 17, 2017. An email should be sent from the student's @cabrini.edu account to email@example.com indicating that s/he will not be returning to housing for the spring semester.
Students not returning to housing should also complete the "Intent to Return" housing application on their "myhousing" portal (available Thursday, November 16, 2017) to inform Residence Life about their depature from housing.
Reasons for canceling housing:
- Commuting for the spring semester
- Withdrawing from the University
- Transfering to another institution
Note: Students returning to housing in the spring DO NOT need to remove all of their personal items from their room over winter break.
All residence halls close at 10:00AM on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
All non-graduating students should vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last final exam and no later than 10:00AM on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Graduating seniors are permitted to remain in their housing assignments until 5:00pm the day of Commencement.
Any student who has not fully vacated their room and is not authorized to be in the halls beyond the closing deadline will be fined for delaying closing.
Residents may vacate their rooms at any time before the halls close.
To check out, residents must submit the following to the Residence Life Office in person during normal hours (Monday–Friday, 9:00AM–4:30PM):
- their key in the check-out envelope (provided by their Resident Assistant)
- completed Check Out Form, with signature and date
After normal business hours, students may check out at the Public Safety Office.
Student Damage Billing
Following closing, Residence Life staff conduct a final inspection.
- Damages that do not constitute “normal wear and tear” and were not previously recorded on a room condition report (RCR) before moving in will be billed to residents.
- Common-area damages for which no responsible party was identified will be billed to all residents in the community.
Any charges will be applied to student's Cabrini account in early June. Students will receive a notification and explanation of charges via US Mail.
For any questions about check-out or damages, students should consult their Resident Assistant or contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.