More than just a dorm or a place to sleep, Cabrini’s residence halls are where our students live for most of the year and spend most of their time outside of class.
Residence Life is dedicated to promoting a secure and welcoming living/learning community that provides an enjoyable experience, valuing individuals as engaged and socially responsible members of their community.
First-year students complete a roommate questionnaire during Summer Orientation, and Residence Life assigns housing, with consideration of documented medical needs and participation in a Living and Learning Community.
- First-year students can be paired together by request on the roommate questionnaire.
- Commuters who want on-campus housing can add their names to a waiting list.
- On-campus parking is not available for first-year students.
All inquiries about parking should be directed to the Department of Public Safety
- Resident students receive their mailbox details in advance of move-in, but can contact the Mail Room with any questions.
All resident students must participate in a meal plan; different options are available.
- For more information, visit Sodexo's dining page.
- To request a change in meal plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your Cabrini email account. Please include your name, student ID # and the meal plan you are choosing.
SENior living experience:
Senior Living Experience
Located in CAC Apartments for Seniors only
Benefits to Seniors:
- Secure housing for the year
- Live with other Seniors
- Programming Focused on Senior Transitions
- Connect with Campus Partners
- Job preparation and financial management
- Cabrini Alumni networking
Timeline for Selection Process:
Application Opens- February 4th, 2019
Application Closes- March 1st, 2019
- Tuesday, February 12th at 4:00 pm at West Hall Common Lounge
- Wednesday, February 20th at 8:00 pm at CAC Apartment Common Lounge- ground floor
- Occurs the week of March 6,7,8
- Step One: Students applies for housing and completes application
- Step Two: Student will receive a random lottery number & will see it on their MyHousing account on March 4th
- Step Three: Student will need to form group with roommates if student wants to choose roommates
- Step Four: Student will select room or will be pulled into a room during one of the room selection days
Types of rooms you can select from:
- 5 person apartment- 1 Single & 2 Doubles = 8
- 6 person apartment- 3 Double Rooms = 6
- 4 person apartment- 2 Double Rooms = 5
Room Selection Process
On each day, the room selection will open at 7:00 AM and will close at 11:00 pm. Lottery numbers will be randomly assigned to the students who complete the application. A student will be assigned a lottery number and a timeslot to be able to select a room during that day.
Day 1- March 6th – Fill apartments
On this day, a person during their timeslot, will be able to select an apartment and fill the apartment will all suitemates. All suitemates will have 2 hours to accept the roommate request. All roommate has to accept the request, if they do not, all students will be kicked out of the room.
Day 2 – March 7th- Pair of 2
On this day, Students will be able to select any room as a pair that are left.
Day 3- March 8th- No Roommate- Individual Room Selection
On this day, a student can pick any space that is left.
There will be a $300 Housing Cancelation Fee
MEAL PLAN CHANGES:
All meal plans assignment will roll over to the Spring, 2019 semester automatically.
To change your Meal Plan:
- Log onto the Cabrini Portal and go to My Housing.
- Click on the Self Service button
- Scroll down to Dining Plans
- Click on Spring, 2019
- Choose which meal plan you would like for the Spring, 2019 semester
NOTE: If you wish to keep the same meal plan, there is nothing you need to do.
Please note that you will only be able to choose between the 14 and 19 Meal Plans. Those students who are eligible to select a different meal plan are those students who live in the apartments or commute.
If you wish to sign up for another meal plan, please send an email to Reslife@cabrini.edu
All meal plan changes must be completed by January 4, 2019
RES LIFE STAFF:
Director of Residence Life
Assistant Director, Residence Life
Elizabeth (Liz) Kunze, Administrative Assistant
Kyle O'Kane, Graduate Assistant - email@example.com
Molly Rorick, Graduate Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Sweger, Graduate Assistant - email@example.com