Missing Resident Student Policy
This policy outlines Cabrini University’s official notification procedures for missing students who reside in on‑campus housing, in accordance with the requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.
Cabrini takes student safety very seriously.
A student will be deemed missing when he/she has been identified as absent from the University for more than 24 hours without a known reason.
All reports of missing students will be directed to Cabrini University Public Safety for investigation and a determination about whether a student is missing in accordance with this policy.
Missing Resident Student Notification
Students can complete a registration form to identify a confidential contact.
This contact person would be notified by Cabrini no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing.
Otherwise, the student’s Emergency Contact will be notified. Students are responsible for ensuring that the emergency contact information on file with the Registrar’s Office and Residence Life is up-to-date.
Students can submit or revise their missing resident student notification form at any time.
Missing Resident Procedure
If a member of the Cabrini University community has reason to believe that a resident student is missing, he/she should immediately notify Public Safety at 610.902.8245.
Upon notification, Public Safety will:
- Inform the Dean of Students that a resident student has been reported as missing.
- Undertake an investigation in an effort to locate the student.
- Notify the Radnor Police Department, if the student cannot be located with 24 hours.
- Notify the Dean of Students of the outcome of their investigation.
If Public Safety determines that a student is missing, the Dean of Students will:
- Notify the student’s designated emergency contacts that the student has been missing for more than 24 hours.
- Notify the Vice President for Student Life.
If Public Safety determines that the student is not missing, the Dean of Students will:
- Request a meeting with the student upon return to campus to discuss the importance of informing roommates, friends, or family members of any departure from campus that will exceed 24 hours.
Distribution of Policy
- Notification of this policy to the campus community will be sent via email at the beginning of each academic year.
- Posting of this policy on the Cabrini University Public Safety and Residence Life webpages.
- This policy will be published annually in the Student Handbook.