Information for New Students
On behalf of the entire Residence Life Staff, welcome to Cabrini University!
Residence Life is committed to providing opportunities that contribute to your learning and development as well as further enhancing your university experience. When you decide to take part in the Cabrini Experience, you will belong to a community that supports and challenges you. Campus living provides complete access to all the University has to offer and allows you to be fully immersed in the Cabrini community.
Benefits to living on campus:
- Research exploring retention and graduation rates has found a strong relationship between on-campus housing and graduation.
- Residence hall students participate in more extracurricular activities, feel more satisfied with their college experience, and interact more frequently with peers and faculty.
- Our residential program ensures that you get the support you need, with the peace of mind that comes knowing trained professionals are here 24/7. We are here when you need us, with trained undergraduate student staff and live-in professional staff members available to help at the right times.
- Living in residence halls is about you, and about all you can gain from this once-in-a-lifetime experience. We are committed to creating opportunities for you to grow and develop.
- Being part of the Cabrini Community will come to mean many things to each student. More than just a place to live and study, it will provide a place where college memories are made. Living with roommates and other students provides you an opportunity to learn about others as members of the university residential community, and gain effective communication skills.
New Resident Students (Freshmen & Transfers)
June 1st is the deadline for any roommate preference considerations. Please understand, if you are in a Living Learning Community (LLC), your LLC placement be considered a priority before any roommate requests are considered. Your LLC placement will determine your room assignment location.
First year students apply for housing via the MyHousing portal by completing a housing application once they have paid ther deposit. Deadline for the housing application is June 1st.
Housing assignments and roommate information are available in mid-July for incoming students to view on their “MyHousing” portal.
New Students will be placed in Woodcrest and East Residence Halls.
Residence Life matches roommates together based on the housing questionnaire, roommate requests, and Living Learning Community assignments.
How to live on campus:
- Once you have been accepted to Cabrini University, you will need to pay your enrollment deposit.
- Once your deposit has been paid, you will receive CavList (Your Guide to the Cabrini Experience) in the mail.
- This list outlines everything you need to complete prior to arriving on campus. Please refer to it for specific instructions about housing.
- The packet will contain your username and password that you will use to login to the Cabrini portal.
- You need to complete the Housing Application before June 1st if you plan to live on campus!
- In the Housing Application, a student will complete the following items: sign housing contract, select a meal plan, provide emergency contact information, provide personal email and mobile number. Lastly, the student will complete a housing questionnaire form that asking questions about a students living preferences and personality traits. The questionnaire will then assist Residence Life with roommate matching.
- Roommate preferences are considered, but only if both parties request one another on the application, will they be reviewed. Apply by June 1st to ensure your roommate preferences are reflected. Students who apply after June 1st will be placed based on availability, and roommate preference considerations will be limited.
- Please understand, if you are in a Living Learning Community (LLC), your LLC placement will be considered a priority before any roommate requests are considered. Your LLC placement will determine your room assignment location. All students are required to complete a Learning Community (LC) Application.
Apply for Housing through your MyHousing account.
To access your Housing Application:
1. Visit the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
2. Log in with your Cabrini username (include @cabrini.edu) and password.
3. Select “Students” in the middle of the Cabrini Portal home page.
4. Scroll down and select “MyHousing” on the bottom right of the page.
5. Select“Application” on the top of the “MyHousing” home page.
6. Select “First-Year Housing Application” and complete the survey
- Residence Life will be presenting at New Beginnings this summer. You will have an opportunity at that time to interact with the staff and ask any questions.
- Keep informed about housing updates, roommate information and room assignments this summer by checking your MyHousing and your Cabrini email regularly.
- Please refer to the CaVList (Your Guide to the Cabrini Experience) to ensure you are completing all items on the checklist!
- Residence Life, matches roommates together based on the housing questionnaire, roommate requests, and Living Learning Community assignments.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.