Verification is a procedure in which some students are requested to document certain data elements on the FAFSA—including but not limited to income and family size.
Primary documents collected are the IRS tax return transcripts for the student (and spouse, if married), and for the parents if the student is a dependent.
Students may also need to complete a verification worksheet to verify family size and/or high school completion status. Students and parents who do not file taxes must complete a "non-filer" worksheet.
Students can submit required documents using one of the options listed below:
- E-mail all completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax all completed documents to 610-902-8426
- Please be sure to include the students name and ID on all pages faxed
- Send all completed documents via standard mail to the following address:
610 King of Prussia Road
Attn: Financial Aid Office
Radnor, PA 19087
- Submit documents in person to the Cavalier Express Center, located in Grace Hall
2022-2023 Verification Worksheets
- V1 Standard Dependent
- V1 Standard Independent
- V4 Custom Dependent
- V4 Custom Independent
- V5 Aggregate Dependent
- V5 Aggregate Independent
- Student Non-Filer
- Independent Student Non-Filer
- Parent Non-Filer
- Asset Clarification
- Sibling Enrollment Verification
Cabrini University verifies all students who are flagged by the Department of Education, and may use its discretion in selecting students for verification.
- Students selected for verification have 30 days from the date of notification to submit the required documentation.
- Failure to do so may result in loss of all federal financial aid, as well as any other aid that could be affected by the result of the verification process.
- No federal financial aid funds will be credited to a student’s account until the verification process is complete.
If updates made during the verification process result in a change to the student's aid eligibility, a revised financial aid award letter will be printed and sent in standard mail. If there are no changes to a student's aid eligibility as a result of verification, the student will be notified via email that the verification process has been completed.