Verification is a procedure in which some students are requested to document certain data elements on the FAFSA—including but not limited to income and family size.
Primary documents collected are the IRS tax return transcripts for the student (and spouse, if married), and for the parents if the student is a dependent.
Students also must complete a verification worksheet to verify untaxed income, family size, and students/parents who are non-filers.
2018-2019 Verification Worksheet
- V1 Standard Dependent - PDF
- V1 Standard Independent - PDF
- V4 Custom Dependent - PDF
- V4 Custom Independent - PDF
- V5 Aggerate Dependent - PDF
- V5 Aggerate Independent - PDF
- Student Non-filer-PDF
- Parent Non -Filer- PDF
Cabrini University verifies all students who are flagged by the Department of Education, and may use its discretion in selecting students for verification.
- Students selected for verification have 30 days from the date of notification to submit the required documentation.
- Failure to do so may result in loss of all federal financial aid, as well as any other aid that could be affected by the result of the verification process.
- No federal financial aid funds will be credited to a student’s account until the verification process is complete.
If updates made during the verification process result in a change to the student's aid eligibility, a revised financial aid award letter will be printed and sent in standard mail. If there are no changes to a student's aid eligibility as a result of verification, the student will be notified via email that the verification process has been completed.