hero-angle-alpha hero-angle-beta icon-rss-square icon-instagram icon-rss icon-facebook icon-facebook-square icon-facebook-official icon-twitter icon-twitter-square icon-google-plus icon-google-plus-square icon-linkedin icon-linkedin-square icon-pinterest icon-pinterest-square icon-youtube icon-youtube-square icon-youtube-play icon-search icon-gift icon-graduation-cap icon-home icon-bank icon-envelope icon-envelope-square Cabrini Logo Cabrini Logo icon-chevron-right icon-chevron-left category academics category athletics category just for fun category service and mission category living on campus category profiles category advice category activities and events Cabrini University logo with crest
Return Home
Cabrini students at a library computer

Veteran Benefits

Cabrini welcomes and encourages all veterans to apply for part-time and full-time admission and offers:

Apply for VA Education Benefits

If you know which benefit you wish to use, you can apply online at the link below.


If you are not sure. you can visit the GI Bill® Comparison Tool. https://www.vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool/

If you prefer a paper application, you can call 888.442.4551 and request to have the application mailed to you

If you would like to apply in person, the nearest VA Regional Processing center is in Buffalo, NY.

Transferring VA Education Benefits to Your Dependent(s)

  • If Parent or Spouse Is currently retired and transferred benefits to Dependent while on Active Duty, Go To Step A Below:

Step A– The student needs to apply for https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage . If 1st time user, create an account, and complete VA Form 22-1990e (Application for VA Benefits for Post 9/11 Transfer Benefits). The VA Regional Office will send you an email to confirm receipt of your application.

  • If Parent or Spouse Is Currently On Active Duty, Follow Steps 1 and 2 Below:
  1. Go to the Department of Defense (DoD) transferability application website to determine if your Dependents’ are eligible to receive the transferred benefits: https://www.defense.gov/home/features/2009/0409%20gibill/ 
  2. Apply for approval using the Department of Defense (DoD) transferability application website (Non-VA link, Internet Explorer only) at https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/             
  • After 3-4 weeks, your transfer application should be reviewed. If approved by DoD, go to Step A. to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA Regional Office.

Are you waiting for your VA Education Benefits? 

The Department of Veterans Affairs has made funds available for veteran students who are still awaiting their education benefit claim to be processed.

Eligible veterans can receive up to a $3,000 advance, which will be recouped from future benefit payments.

If you are a student who applied for one of the VA’s education programs and have not yet received your monthly benefit payment, you can request a one-time advance payment at your local VA Regional Office or through the VA’s website, www.va.gov.

If you have fewer than 24 college credits, please submit:

  • official college transcripts
  • official high school transcripts
  • SAT or ACT scores
  • Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs

Yellow Ribbon Program

Veterans can apply for financial assistance through the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program.

Cabrini and the Veterans Administration will help fund tuition expenses. 

If you are a veteran but are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, contact your Veterans Administration, or visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website at www.va.gov.

Veteran Undergraduate Student Tuition and Fees Policy

Veteran Graduate Student Tuition and Fees Policy

Educational Gratuity Program (PA Residents)  

For More Information

Please contact:

Valerie Sas
Associate Registrar

“GI Bill ®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.