Summer Financial Aid Overview
At Cabrini University the academic year begins with the fall semester, followed by the spring semester and ends with the summer semester. The summer is considered a trailer for standard undergraduate programs.
Summer 2023 financial aid eligibility is determined using the 2022-23 FAFSA. If students have utilized any of their eligibility during the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters, their eligibility for summer 2023 financial aid may be limited.
Undergraduates enrolled in summer may be eligible to receive funding from one or more of the following programs: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loan, Pennsylvania State Grant. Summer eligibility will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office after the student is registered for at least 6 credits for the summer term.
Summer Financial Aid - Types and Eligibility
Federal Aid Programs
Federal Pell Grant
- If you enrolled full-time and received the full-time Pell Grant amount for fall 2022 and spring 2023, your eligibility for summer Pell Grant funding is limited to “Year-Round” Pell Grant requirements.
- Eligibility for the “Year-Round” Pell Grant is limited to students enrolled for at least 6 credits during summer.
Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans)
- Eligibility for Federal Direct Loan funding is limited to students enrolled at least half-time (6 credits).
- You may be eligible for a summer disbursement of Federal Direct Loan funding if you have not already received the maximum annual amount of Federal Direct Loan eligibility during the previous fall and spring semesters.
- Note: Most students who borrow Federal Direct Loan funding will have utilized their full loan eligibility during the previous fall and spring semesters.
Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA)
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania State Grant funding is limited to students who are enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) with attendance scheduled for both summer sessions (Summer I and Summer II).
- Note: Pennsylvania residency and financial need eligibility requirements also apply.
- To apply for the grant, complete the Summer PA State Grant application available on the PHEAA website starting in mid-March and due by August 15, 2023. Summer PHEAA grants will be credited to eligible student accounts at the end of July.
Note: Pennsylvania state grant funding is made available to eligible students for a total of 8 full-time semesters during their academic career. A PA State Grant awarded for the summer term is included in the maximum number of payments for which a student may be eligible. Receipt of the summer state grant will count as an award toward your total lifetime maximum of 8 full-time state grant awards. Receiving a summer state grant award limits eligibility in future semesters. All students are limited to the equivalent of four academic year PA State Grant awards.