Software and Hardware
Cabrini provides complimentary antivirus software to students and supports other free software products, such as FileZilla, for use with Cabrini systems.
Cabrini community members also can purchase discounted software (such as Adobe or Microsoft products) or request the installation of software on certain Cabrini-owned computers.
ITR provides limited support for personal computers and printers (including departmentally owned printers), but does offer recommendations for purchases.
ITR supports several hundred Cabrini-owned computers and a couple dozen printers located in classrooms and public labs.
- Antivirus for students: System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) for Windows
- Antivirus for faculty and staff: Microsoft Security Essentials
- Network G/H/S drive access off-campus: Filezilla
- Antivirus for students: System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) for Macintosh/Apple
- Antivirus for faculty and staff: ClamXav
- Network G/H/S drive access off-campus: Filezilla v3.5
We recommend unchecking any toolbars or additional software you may be prompted to install.
Students have access to an array of other software at great discounts, including Adobe Creative Suite, and many other products.
- Just go to http://www.journeyed.com/select/ and select College, then Pennsylvania, then Cabrini.
Faculty and staff can purchase a personal, single-use, 12-month license for Adobe's Creative Cloud software through onthehub.com.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Suite includes Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and more.
Before purchasing you will need to register for an OntheHub account and validate your Cabrini email address. Employees must uninstall the software when no longer affiliated with Cabrini.
For other software, such as Corel and Microsoft products, faculty and staff may purchase perpetual licenses at substantial discounts by visiting http://www.journeyed.com/select/ and choosing College, then Pennsylvania, then Cabrini. Select the Educator link and shop away.
Note that faculty and staff must fax or email their ID before the order is released by JourneyEd; there is no online verification.