Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365—often shortened to O365—is the name for the latest computer, mobile, and Web-enabled versions of email, Office, and related services. With O365, email storage will be increased to 50 GB, online file storage will be increased to 5 TB (that’s 5,000 GB), and versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook will be available to install or use online. Office 365 apps are also integrated with other Microsoft cloud services, such as SharePoint and OneDrive, and can be accessed directly in those services.
Office 365 is available to all students, faculty, and professional staff. Matriculated students and all paid faculty and professional staff are provided with email service through Microsoft Office 365.
Office 365 Migration
On August 21st and 22nd, most students, faculty, and professional staff will have their email service migrate to Microsoft Office 365. Take note of the following points:
- Access your new Office 365 email by signing in with your Cabrini userID and password at portal.office.com. Click on the "Mail" tile.
- All previous forwarding settings have been removed. Forwarding settings must be re-enable.
Basic Mail (Webmail) to Office 365
- If needed, restart/reconfigure Outlook, Apple Mail, and/or mobile clients with your new Office 365 email account.
- Messages already in your old Basic Mail inbox that you wish to save will need to be migrated manually to your Office 365 account. See instructions on the Basic Email to Office 365 Migration page. Webmail (mail.cabrini.edu) will become read-only until October 2017--no new mail will be delivered there.
Local Exchange to Office 365
- If needed, restart/reconfigure Outlook, Apple Mail, and/or mobile clients with your Office 365 email account.
- Messages in your local Exchange folder were migrated to Office 365.
Help Me! My Email Stopped Working
Contact the ITR Help Desk at 610-902-8366.
If you have any questions regarding Office 365, please contact the Help Desk at 610-902-8366 or email@example.com.