Learning Community Program
Living and Learning Communities, or LLCs, are theme-based learning groups of about 20 students. Students share common interests, live on the same residence-hall floor, take classes together, and engage in other activities that focus on a theme like career exploration or social justice.
Learning Communities, or LCs, are similar programs with a shared theme but without a shared residence.
These worthwhile, intriguing, and intellectually stimulating communities offer a unique opportunity to explore an important topic, and are a great way to connect with other students and professors.
LLCs have themes to match a range of student interests.
- Uncertain about your major or career path?
The Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) LLC is for you.
- Commuters can explore their talents and develop leadership skills in Cabrini Cruisers, the Commuter LLC.
- Cabrini honors students can participate in an Honors LLC.
- Students interested in applying to this LLC should contact the Office of Admissions at 610.902.8552 or 1.800.848.1003 or email@example.com.
- IMPACT, the Leadership LLC, invites students on a journey of personal discovery.
- How do identity, race, class, gender, and other factors affect people’s ability to achieve their goals? Cabrini students explore this in the Realizing Dreams LLC.
- Spectacle is an LLC focusing on film, media, and theatre.
- Students promote human rights and dignity through community involvement in the Voices of Justice LLC.
In addition to the shared-residence LLCs, students also have the option of participating in a themed Learning Community:
- Common Grounds
- Communication: Telling Stories That Matter
- The Educators
- Writers, Ink.
For more information, contact Richie Gebauer, Executive Director of the First-Year Experience and Student Transitions, at 610.902.8592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.