A Learning Community for commuter students sounds impossible, but Cabrini Cruisers is designed specifically for commuting first-year students to explore their talents and develop leadership skills.
As a member of this community, you will have the opportunity to develop a real sense of community by taking classes, socializing, and enjoying off-campus learning opportunities with other commuter students.
Students work closely with a core group of faculty and staff to ease their transition to college life, get to know professors, and develop the writing and critical-thinking abilities needed to succeed for any field of study or professional goals.
- As members of this LLC, students will attend adventurous and purposeful retreats, such as a trip to New York City to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Little Italy.
- Also, students will have the opportunity to connect with the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership and become involved in the extensive leadership opportunities available.
As commuting students, it can be a challenge to feel connected to the college community. Through this living and learning community, students will create irreplaceable bonds with faculty, make new friends, and achieve a real sense of belonging.
Join us to discover your passion and interests. Let us learn more about who you are, so we can help you become the person you want to be!
- Bridget O'Donnell, Director, Center for Student Engagement and Leadership
- Naomy Garcia, Student Fellow, COL101
Fall Semester Courses:
- COL 101 - Cabrini Success Seminar
- RELS117 - Mother Cabrini: Faith, Advocacy, and Logic
Spring Semester Courses:
- COL 201 - Psychology to Success
- ECG100 - Engagements with the Common Good: Fury Road: Dystopian Social Justice