The Men of Color Leadership Academy
The Men of Color Leadership Academy at Cabrini University will offer a safe and brave community for Men of Color who will create their own definition of success, develop life skills, articulate their leadership philosophy, and foster a culture of academic achievement. This cohort will have interactions with professional men of color in both academia as well as industry who will help with professional networking and potential opportunities for internships, research and employment. Further, through a culturally component lens, the Leadership Academy will touch on topics and issues within society that may be of particular interest to cohort participants. The introduction of this LC is to help retain and graduate men of color in a much higher level then what we have been doing. Additionally, this community is designed to have these young men truly feel as though they are a part of the Cabrini community.
As members of this learning community, students will:
- engage in monthly conversations with faculty and student fellows aimed at developing self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and an embrace of life long learning.
- be invited to dinners with professional men of color in leadership capacities at organizations and businesses in the area.
- participate in a multi-day retreat designed to develop a sense of community and belonging with one another.
- Jose Rodriguez, Director, Student Diversity Initiatives
- Ronald W. Whitaker II, Ed.D., Assistant Professor and the Director of District and School Relations in the School of Education.
- Christopher Jones, Circulation and Building Manager, Holy Spirit Library
Fall Semester Courses:
- COL 101 – College Success Seminar
- ENG 100 – Intro to Writing
Spring Semester Courses:
- ECG 100 - Engagements with the Common Good
- COL 201
For more information, contact Dr. Richie Gebauer at 610.902.8592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.