Writers, Ink. Learning Community
The first year of college is a time for students to start working towards their goals.
Writers, Ink. is a learning community designed to help first-year students explore questions and develop skills that will prepare them for college and beyond.
Members of the Writers, Ink. learning community will:
- Learn what it means to write at the “college-level” and discover skills and strategies that will help them be a successful writer in any class
- Cultivate their ability to confidently give effective speeches and presentations
- Challenge themselves to think critically about their roles in the world
- Discover how they can take charge of their own academic success
Faculty will work closely with Writers, Ink. participants as they navigate the transition from high school to college.
In addition to a series of linked courses that will prepare them for success in any major, students will participate in a leadership retreat, trips to New York City and Philadelphia, and other co-curricular programming designed to enhance the learning experience.
- Maritza DeJesus, Faculty Director, Professional Advisor, Center for Student Success
- Seth Frechie, PhD, Associate Professor, English
- Lisa Podolsky, Assistant Director For Leadership Development
- Emma Rodner, Student Fellow, ENG 100
- Luis Reyes, Student Fellow, COL 101
Fall Semester Courses:
- COL 101 – College Success Seminar
- ENG 100 – Intro to Writing
Spring Semester Courses:
- ECG 100 - Reacting to the Past
- COL 201 - Psychology to Success
For more information, contact Richie Gebauer at 610.902.8592 or email@example.com.