The Department of Public Safety, the Department of Residence Life, and the residents themselves share responsibility for the security and safety of the residence halls.
- Become familiar with Cabrini’s campus.
Maps are available at the Public Safety and Admissions offices, as well as at cabrini.edu/map.
- Engrave all personal property with a unique number known only to you.
- Residents should lock their room doors when the room is unoccupied—even for a minute—and at night.
- Keep your key and ID card with you.
- Use the buddy system, or if there is cause for concern, call Public Safety at 610.902.8111* for an escort.
- In case of emergency, utilize the emergency call boxes throughout campus.
Graduate Assistants (GAs) live in the residence halls and oversee the student resident assistants (RAs). They receive pre-semester training and monitor residence hall safety conditions.
The main entrances of each residence hall are accessed electronically through the University’s identification-card system.
The buildings are locked 24 hours a day, and Public Safety officers and Residence Life staff members check residence halls periodically during their shifts.
University security cameras are in common areas, including hallways, stairwells, and lobbies.
The entrances of the first-year residence halls—Woodcrest Hall, Xavier Hall, and East Residence Hall—are regularly staffed by Residence Life during visitation hours.
- Doors of students’ rooms are equipped with heavy-duty dead bolt locks and peepholes.
- First-floor windows are secured by specialty security screens.
- The side and back doors of residence halls are alarmed to prevent propping.
The Library is secured at midnight Sunday through Thursday, at 8pm on Fridays, and 5pm on Saturdays.
The Iadarola Center is secured at 10pm Monday through Saturday and is closed on Sunday. Founders Hall is secured each day at 11pm. Authorization to utilize instructional facilities after hours must be obtained from the appropriate instructor.
*Please note, calls received without caller ID enabled cannot be connected to the Cabrini Dispatcher.