Cabrini’s Emergency Operations Plan provides efficient and effective mobilization and allocation of resources.
In situations that could pose an immediate threat to the community and individuals, the Department of Public Safety uses an Emergency Notification System to send text messages and emails to students, staff, and faculty.
Alerts would also be posted online and in residence halls, the dining hall, Widener Campus Center, and academic spaces.
In Case of Fire:
- Activate the fire alarm system by pulling the nearest fire alarm station.
- EVACUATE – GET OUT!
- Do not use elevators! Leave the building by walking quickly to the nearest door/stairwell marked “Exit.”
- Report the fire immediately to 911 (dial 9 first from campus phones) and/or Public Safety at 610.902.8245 (8245 from campus phones).
- Report to your designated assembly point at least 300 feet away from the building.
- Stay there until an accurate headcount has been taken.
Do not re-enter the building unless a University official or Firefighter tells you to, or until an “All Clear” message is issued by the University’s Emergency Notification System.
In Case of an Active Shooter:
Quickly determine the best way to save lives.
- If you can do so safely, EVACUATE – GET OUT!
- As you exit the building, keep your arms raised above your head and your hands visible to responding police officers.
- Hide Out
- If you cannot evacuate safely, take SHELTER‑IN‑PLACE!
- HIDE OUT in an area where you are well protected and out of the shooter’s view.
- Lock the door, if possible, and barricade it with heavy items.
- Call 911 (dial 9 first from campus phones) and/or Public Safety at 610.902.8245 (8245 from campus phones) and report your location and the number of people sheltering there.
- Close windows and blinds, and move away from exterior and interior windows.
- Silence your phone and remain quiet.
Continue to shelter-in-place until told to leave by an identifiable police officer or until an “All Clear” message is issued by the Emergency Notification System.