A student intern is supervised by the Employer Internship Supervisor and assigned a Cabrini Faculty Coordinator.
Employer Internship Supervisor
Employer Internship Supervisors meet with students to explain job requirements and orient them to their work environment.
The Employer Internship Supervisor will meet with the student and submit reports and evaluations.
Attendance and punctuality are essential for a successful internship. Students must abide by the employer’s working hours, rules and regulations. The employer, not Cabrini, determines holidays.
Students should consult with their Employer Internship Supervisor, Faculty Coordinator or the Director of The Center for Career and Professional Development regarding any concerns or issues.
Students are assigned a Faculty Coordinator for the internship experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise interns registered for credit-bearing internships.
- Assist assigned interns in developing Learning Objectives that contain duties (what will be done), conditions (how will it be done), criteria (measure or evaluation of accomplishments) and limits (deadlines).
- Modify Learning Objectives, if necessary, and approve when complete.
- Meet mid-semester for a progress report on the experience
- Help the Intern identify and articulate the skills they are learning, leadership roles and “value added,” possibly as an on-going journal or blog.
- Submit final grades.