CENTER FOR CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Visit HANDSHAKE to Schedule a Virtual Appointment!*
*All appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) offers advising and career management support to Cabrini University undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni. The CCPD provides a holistic approach to professional and personal career development that ensures graduates will obtain major-related employment and be accepted at graduate/professional schools of choice.
93% of Cabrini's 2019 graduates are employed or continuing their education.
The health of the Cabrini community is paramount, and we, as a community, must do our part to address this public health crisis. You can learn about Cabrini's response to COVID-19 here.
During the Campus Closure the Cabrini University CCPD is here to help. We will be updating this section of our page with helpful tips, virtual events, career resources, and information you need to know.
- Watch our presentation on NACE's Core Competencies for Career Readiness.
- Check out the CCPD'S presentation on the basics of developing your resume
- See how Cabrini students benefit from Alumni career connections
Cabrini’s internship program allows students to earn credit and, in most cases, income in a professional work environment. The Fall 2020 internship deadline is Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Please review the internship application paperwork here and submit it directly to Erin Gabriele, Director of the CCPD at email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.
VIRTUAL CAREER SERVICES SPECIALIST
Our Career Services Specialists are available to meet with students or alumni via phone, Collaborate, or Microsoft Teams, based on your preference.
Our Career Services Specialists can help you with:
- Career Counseling
- Resume/Cover Letter Reviews
- Major Exploration
- Job Searches
- Internship Searches
- LinkedIn Assistance
- Internship Program Information
- Strong Interest Inventory or MBTI Assessments & Interpretation.
- Career Transition Counseling
- Interview Preparation
- Grad School Preparation
If you would like to set up a virtual meeting with a Career Services Specialist please make an appointment on Handshake or e-mail us directly:
Debra Kelly – firstname.lastname@example.org
James McLaughlin – email@example.com
VIRTUAL CAREER EVENTS
Campus workshops and career events have been canceled for the remainder of the semester. Please see below and check Handshake for virtual career events available to Cabrini students:
Atlantic East Conference Summer Education Series
We are very excited to be a part of the Atlantic East Summer Education Series; and it is our hope Cabrini students and new graduates will take advantage of the series. The virtual presentations occur each Wednesday in July from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
You can register here for the sessions below.
- July 1 4:30-5:30 PM Where Am I? An Experience of Self-Care
- July 8 4:30-5:30 PM How to Level-Up Your Allyship
- July 15 4:30-5:30 PM Grappling with Uncertainty
- July 22 4:30-5:30 PM Be Resourceful! Preparing for Life After College
VIRTUAL EXPRESS APPOINTMENTS:
Have a quick career question? Want us to review your resume, explain interview stream, help navigate Handshake searches, or walk you through internship paperwork? Register today for a Virtual Express Appointment with a Career Specialist! These 15 minute appointments will get you started on your summer job searches (and you can always come back for a longer appointment if you need more time!)
Schedule an appointment on Handshake today!
VIRTUAL CAREER RESOURCES:
- Take advantage of Interview Stream, an awesome resource that allows you to practice interviews without the pressure of someone watching. Choose your own interview questions, hook up your webcam, and practice until you feel confident in your interviewing skills. You can even forward an interview to someone for review and feedback.
- Create an account at Interview Stream using this link.
- Set up a Handshake account to search for jobs and internships, make virtual appointments with a Career Services Specialist, and register for upcoming virtual events and workshops.
- Learn more about how to create your Handshake account here.
- Watch this presentation on the basics of developing your resume
- View our resume and coverletter guides here.
- Five tips for a great resume - By Cabrini Student, Carmen Lee
- Career Exploration:
- Career Readiness
- Employers are focusing on career readiness now more than ever.
- Watch our short presentation on Career Readiness.
- Learn about the NACE Core Competencies in Career Readiness.
- Talk to a Career Services Specialist about how to develop the skills you need to succeed.
- Tips on transitioning to a virtual college setting:
- Campus Philly has created a Resource Guide with information about virtual career fairs, tips on transitioning to an online class setting, and much more.
- Check out our Handshake resources page for additional resources including sample resumes by major, instructional videos, interview tipsc and more.
CCPD STAFF MEMBERS
Erin Gabriele, Director
James McLaughlin, Career Services Specialist
Debra K.Kelly, Career Services Specialist
Rachael Gartner, Administrative Assistant
Tirzah Johnson, Graduate Assistant
Brittany Morgan, Graduate Assistant
Emily McKiernan, Career Services Student Assistant
Career Resources for Faculty
The Center for Career and Professional Development collaborates with faculty to help guide and support students throughout their career development.
Whether a few minutes or a full class, we welcome the opportunity to present in-class on a variety of career-related topics including:
- Employer Partner Presentations
- Departmental Services and Resources
- Deciding upon a Major
- Resumes, Cover Letters, and Interviewing
- Job/Internship Searches and Networking
- Upcoming Career Events