Center for Career and Professional Development
Visit HANDSHAKE to Schedule an Appointment!
*Handshake First-time Log-in Instructions*
- Go to www.cabrini.joinhandshake.com
- Type your Cabrini email address (the email with your initials and numbers) into the text box directly underneath 'Please Sign In'. (Do NOT click on 'Sign up for an account' on the bottom left!)
- Click 'Continue'.
- A new page will then prompt you to input a password. Keep the text box empty, and click on 'Set Your Password'.
- An email will be immediately sent to your Cabrini email address. Follow the instructions in that email to finalize your student registration, and set your password.
- You can then revisit the log-in page above, and go through the steps, typing in your password to log-in.
- You will then be prompted to customize your profile, prior to entering the Handshake portal.
The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) offers advising and career management support to Cabrini University undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni. The CCPD provides a holistic approach to professional and personal career development that ensures graduates will obtain major-related employment and be accepted at graduate/professional schools of choice.
Career-planning programs help students succeed after Cabrini. 92% are employed or pursuing further study within 10 months of graduating.
Cabrini’s internship program allows students to earn credit and in most cases income in a professional work environment.
We host career events on and off-campus, and co‑sponsor many with other academic institutions and organizations.
We also conduct resume reviews for all students and alumni. If you would like to drop in with your resume, for a quick review with a Career Counselor without an appointment, come during our allotted Drop-In Hours!
CCPD Drop-In Hours
Drop in for resume and cover letter reviews, help with graduate school applications, job search assistance, major exploration, and general career counseling (*No Appointment Required*)
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
1:00pm - 3:00pm
*Drop-In Sessions are Subject to Cancellation
CCPD Fall 2018 Events Calendar
Gradute School Fair:
1900 West Olney Ave, Philadelphia, Pa.
2nd Floor of Student Union - Ball Room.
Wednesday, November 14 at La Salle University-Main Campus
11:00am-2:00pm CLICK HERE
USLI recruiters and leaders on campus to share career opportunities.
Thursday, November 15 at Cabrini University Mansion
Session One: 12:30pm CLICK HERE
Session Two: 2:00pm CLICK HERE
CCPD STAFF MEMBERS
Erin Gabriele, Director
Mark Choquette, Assistant Director
Contact Mark if you are a student or alumni interested in a Career Counseling appointment.
Abby Albright, Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Contact Abby if you are an employer interested in posting Jobs and Internships, and hiring Cabrini University students.
Tirzah Johnson, Graduate Assistant
Brittany Morgan, Career Development Ambassador
Savannah Walls, Career Development Ambassador
Career Resources for Faculty
The Center for Career and Professional Development collaborates with faculty to help guide and support students throughout their career development.
Whether a few minutes or a full class, we welcome the opportunity to present in-class on a variety of career-related topics including:
- *NEW*- Employer Partner Presentations*
- Departmental Services and Resources
- Deciding upon a Major
- Resumes, Cover Letters, and Interviewing
- Job/Internship Searches and Networking
*Contact Erin Gabriele, ext. 8304, if you would like to request that a particular employer or industry representative visit you in-class to present!