Handshake is Cabrini's career portal for students and alumni. Handshake is the leading career platform used at over 400 colleges and more than 200,000 employers.
With Handshake you can:
Personalize your Profile and Experience, Upload your Resume to be Visible to Recruiters.
- Please allow 48 hours for a representative from the Center for Career and Professional Development to review your resume.
Schedule Appointments with Career Counselors to:
- Critique/Review your Resumes and Cover Letters
- Provide you with General Career Counseling and Guidance (Major Exploration, Career Transition, Career Development Strategies)
- Practice your Interview Preparations and Performances
- Help you Prepare for Graduate School, and Other Career Development Milestones
- Assist you with all of the Processes Related to Job/Internship Search
View CCPD's Career Events Calendar, and Register for Career Fairs, Networking Nights, Career Express Workshops, On-Campus Recruiting, and MORE!
- Login today (with your Cabrini University Email Address) and complete your profile, and put your best self forward to employers. Be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
We will use this information to set up your Handshake account. After we enter your information, you will receive an e-mail from Handshake with instructions on how to complete the process.
If you are a student at Cabrini you should have an account established. Your login credentials will be your Cabrini shortname (for example - firstname.lastname@example.org). Try using that email address and following the instructions below to sign in to Handshake. If the instructions below do not work, please click here to complete a quick form and we will reach out to you.
*Handshake First-time Log-in Instructions*
- Go to www.cabrini.joinhandshake.com
- Type your Cabrini email address (initials and numbers version) into the text box directly underneath 'Sign In with Your Email'. (Do NOT click on 'Sign up for an account' on the bottom left! Your account was already created by the CCPD)
- Click 'Continue'.
- A new page will then prompt you to input a password. Keep the text box empty, and click on 'Set Your Password'.
- An email will be immediately sent to your Cabrini email address. Follow the instructions in that email to finalize your student registration, and set your password.
- You can then revisit the log-in page www.cabrini.joinhandshake.com, and go through the steps, typing in your password to log-in.
- You will then be prompted to customize your profile, prior to entering the Handshake portal.
- If these instructions did not work for you, please click here to complete a quick form, and we will reach out to you.
Watch this short presentation to see what Handshake has to offer!
Alumni Handshake Accounts
Are you an Alum who wants to connect with our office?
Alumni are invited to meet with career counselors, posts jobs and internships to students, and/or participate in panels, speaking events, and networking events. If you are interested in connecting with our office, please complete this form:
Beware of Scams and Phishing
Handshake and a variety online job boards are very convenient for you to find positions. Although security precautions exist, scammers can sometimes get through and create fraudulent positions. While we try to screen employers and the positions they post to Handshake, it is very important that you proceed with caution and common sense. You need to read position descriptions carefully before applying.
Handshake has high security thresholds, but no system is 100%. You control the distribution of your resume in the Handshake system by submission. No employer has access to your Documents section or Profile, unless you choose to make your profile public.
Trust your instincts! If you are uncomfortable with some of the information requested, do not continue contact with the organization or individual.
If you receive follow-up correspondence or an offer that seems unusual, you need to proceed with caution. Some e-mail providers along with social media sites allow you to block users, so use this to protect yourself.
SOME COMMON SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY:
• If you are asked to provide a credit card, bank, PayPal account, Social Security numbers, photo ID or payment
• If you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for a money transfer
• If you receive a large check – DO NOT CASH THE CHECK
• If you asked to a background check before prior to a pending offer
• If the e-mail address does not match the organization’s website. For example an AOL e-mail for ABC Company instead of the company e-mail appearing in the address.
• If you are asked to buy something beforehand
REVIEWING THE JOB/INTERN DESCRIPTION
• Be cautious of postings for work-at-home, mystery shoppers, or virtual positions
• Please note the CCPD does not post internships/positions where work is in a home residence
• Again, listed salary too good to be true or pay up front? Beware!
• Are there misspellings?
• If the position listing is an international opportunity, does it include travel expenses or upfront program fees? Proceed with caution
• Verify that a URL listed in the ad goes to the internet domain of the company listed. For example the add includes company 123 with web address-www.123. com/career and goes to www.123.org
WHAT TO DO WHEN INVOLVED IN A POTENTIAL SCAM?
• End all communication and if personal information was provided, monitor your accounts and stop payments
• Each bank or credit card has a fraud service – report immediately
• Contact CCPD(email@example.com) ASAP so we can review, notify others, and report incidents
• Report to The Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx)
• If the incident occurred entirely over the internet, file an incident report with the FCC at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or at http://www.cybercrime.gov.
KNOW THE LABOR LAWS, PROCEDURES, AND POLICIES:
• The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)