One of the most important parts of career planning is developing a resume.
Career and Professional Development can help build a resume from the ground up or fine-tune one to be the best it can be.
- Quick Tips for Cavalier Resumes
- Review our sample resumes by major on Handshake
- Check out our Resume Guide
A resume is a descriptive summary of your background:
- concisely written in one or two pages
- always sent with a cover letter
- presented attractively
- clearly communicating a sense of purpose and professionalism
- focusing on strengths and abilities
- never containing negative information or weaknesses
The primary purpose of the resume is to obtain an interview.
Keep in mind that your resume might not be read by a human being and instead might be scanned into a computer database.
You might mail, email, or post your resume online. Slight variations in writing style are required for each situation; consider calling the organization to determine which type of resume to send.