Internships afford students the opportunity to apply classroom learning in a professional work environment. Internships are educational/academic courses that offer a "quality learning experience" worthy of academic credit. Build and enhance skills, gain real-world experience and establish contacts in your career field - all of which boost students' marketability upon graduation.
- Students balance classroom theory with professional hands-on work experience prior to graduation.
- Credits are based upon the number of hours worked and the value of the work experience.
Jobs are available at companies and organizations representing private industry, non‑profit institutions, and government agencies on the local, state, and federal level.
- Explore career options
- Earn 2–6 college credits per semester (up to a total of 12 general elective credits)
- Gain professional experience to enhance marketability upon graduation
- Generate professional contacts and networking opportunities
- Enhance quantitative and technical abilities
- Improve leadership and communication skills
- Realize the capacity to respond to change
- Develop the ability to work in diverse teams
- Earn income (most internships are salaried)
Internship opportunities are offered during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- 45 college credits, 15 of which must be from Cabrini University
- Completed Student Application for Internship Credit with signed approval by Advisor, Employer Supervisor, and CCPD.
- Completed Internship Agreement.
- Completed Internship Information Session. If you have not attended an internship information session in the last 12 months you must schedule an appointment with the CCPD prior to the Semester Drop/Add Deadline.
- Job Description Submitted to the CCPD
Student Internship Paperwork
Upon CCPD approval of the student's internship application, students will be granted access to enroll in their respective Internship Course. All CCPD and Academic Department required assignments will be collected and graded by student's Faculty Coordinators through Cabrini Learn.
- Student Application for Internship Credit.pdf
- Student Internship Agreement.pdf
- Internship Learning Objectives.pdf
- Student Assessment of Employer final.pdf
- Employer's Student Performance Evaluation.pdf