The Office of Academic Affairs may administratively withdraw:
- a student who is not attending class after being initiated by the Registrar’s Office or individual instructors
- a student on academic probation who is not making progress toward achieving good standing
- a student who has been temporarily or permanently removed for disciplinary reasons
The Registrar’s Office may initiate the withdrawal when notified that students never attended class during the add/drop period.
Instructors may initiate the withdrawal:
- when a student misses more than 20 percent of a course’s scheduled meetings (excluding intercollegiate games and tournaments at which students are officially representing Cabrini)
- at any time during the semester through the online warning system
Administrative withdrawals are recorded with an “AW.”
The Academic Review Board will evaluate the progress of all students receiving an “AW” in any semester.
Cabini’s refund policy applies to administrative withdrawals.
Students who wish to appeal their administrative withdrawal may do so in writing to the dean for academic affairs.