Registering for Classes
Students with any type of hold on their account (e.g., financial, health-related, library) will not be able to register for classes, get final grades or transcripts, be eligible for certain financial-aid packages, etc.
- Before registration, check account status in the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu
- Registration is scheduled by class level, based on credits earned
- You can register for classes online through the Cabrini Portal. Please see the Academic Calendar to see when you are able to begin registering
- Instructions for registering through the Portal can be found here: Class Registration Instructions
- Courses and sections may close at any time during the registration process. Students may not be informed of closings until they are registering and should prepare alternate sections or courses
- If a class must be cancelled for insufficient enrollment, students enrolled in that class will be advised as early as possible
Questions may be directed to the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com
Planning Course Schedules
Students should schedule an appointment with their academic advisor in advance of registration to review course selections using the Term Master Schedule.
DegreeWorks provides a view of the student's degree audit for planning purposes and can be viewed by both the student and their academic advisor. DegreeWorks is available in the Cabrini Portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
Students are limited to 18 credits per semester. After that first semester freshman year, students with a 3.0 GPA or higher and permission of their advisor and the Assistant Dean for Student Success, are eligible to enroll for additional credits.
The pass/fail option is available only to juniors and seniors for their elective courses.
- A Pass will show up as a “P” on a transcript.
Students receive credit towards graduation, but it will have no impact on GPA.
- A Fail will show up as an “F” on a transcript.
Students receive no credit, but it will impact GPA.
Students may take one course a semester on a pass/fail basis and must declare their pass/fail through Registrar Forms prior to the last day of class.