Master of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice
The MA in Criminology and Criminal Justice is offered as a 4+1 program for qualified Cabrini or SEPCHE school undergraduates or as a full-time or part-time graduate program for qualified Cabrini and SEPCHE school alumni.
Current undergraduate students start their graduate-level work during senior year of undergraduate study and then continue into one year of full-time graduate studies at Cabrini University.
Qualified Cabrini and SEPCHE school alumni from criminology, psychology and sociology majors are eligible for this professional master’s program. The program delivery is ideal for working professionals with online and evening classes that can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis.
The program is designed to develop advanced knowledge and skills to pursue careers in the criminal justice field or to pursue doctoral degrees in related fields.
If you’re a current Cabrini student interested in this program, please contact Katie Farina, PhD, at email@example.com For all other students, please contact the Graduate Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.902.8501.
- Flexible delivery with evening and online classes to meet the needs of working professionals
- 30 credits, or 10 three-credit courses
- Small class sizes
Core Courses (12 credits)
In addition to the courses listed below, students will need to pass a comprehensive exam at the end of the core curriculum.
- Graduate Seminar in Criminology
- Applied Statistical Analysis
- Public Policy in the Criminal Justice System
- Advanced Research Methods
Elective Courses (select 6 from the below)
- Comparative Criminal Justice Systems
- Crime Mapping and Prevention with Geographical
- Information Systems (GIS)
- Contemporary Issues in Law Enforcement
- Perspectives on Youth and Crime
- Seminar in Criminal Law and Society
- Leadership and Management*
- Ethical Issues in the Practice of Criminal Justice
- Race, Crime and Citizenship in American Society
- Evidence-Based Crime Prevention
- Thesis (Optional)