Earn Your Master of Science in Data Science Online
Cabrini University offers a Master of Science in Data Science for students looking to advance their careers in an increasingly data-driven world. In this fully online degree program, students gain essential skills that prepare them for data-focused careers such as Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Mining Analyst, IT Project Manager, and Database Administrator.
Students will use their undergraduate degrees in computer science or a related technology field as a foundation for this Master’s in Data Science degree, growing their understanding of data and data systems as they prepare to become leaders at the rapidly growing intersection of business, analytics, and technology.
Develop skills for big data innovation in a flexible online program
At Cabrini, students can get an advanced education without sacrificing other obligations. Courses are fully online and designed to fit around a working schedule, allowing students to build a network of support from peers and professors as they work to advance their education and careers.
This technology-centric program covers four distinct areas of the field, providing the diverse toolset needed to understand the complex and multi-faceted world of data. These areas include: software and programming, business and management, data warehousing, and data visualization.
M.S. in Data Science students will:
- Learn programming languages such as Python, Java, and SQL.
- Gain an understanding of Business Enterprise functions.
- Become proficient in Tableau, SAS, Hadoop, and Apache Spark.
- Demonstrate proficiency in database administration management and warehousing.
- Complete an internship or capstone project to graduate with applicable experience.
- Fully online courses designed to fit a working schedule
- 24 months on average for degree completion
- Internship or capstone project for real-world data application
- Affordable and competitive cost
- Small class sizes for extra support
M.S. in Data Science Curriculum
In this 36-credit master’s program, students will take a variety of courses designed to sharpen and strengthen their understanding of business, technology, and analytics. Courses include:
- CIS 510: Introduction to Database Management
- CIS 520: Information Systems Management
- CIS 530: Introduction to Data Analytics for Business
- CIS 535: Data Access and Transformation
- CIS 540: Programming for the Data Sciences
- CIS 545: Mathematics for the Data Sciences
- CIS 550: Dashboards and Data Visualization for Data Analysis
- CIS 560: Introduction to Machine Learning
- BUS 570: Enterprise Information Systems
- BUS 580: Introduction to Project Management
- OLG 510/565: Change Management or Strategic Management
- CIS 600: Internship/Capstone
Across industries, businesses rely on data to make strategic decisions. They need thought-leaders who have the technology background, data skills, and business insight to drive innovation. By earning your M.S. in Data Science at Cabrini University, you can position yourself as a big data visionary. Start your application today.