Holy Spirit Library
Holy Spirit Library was completed in 1965 and has undergone several recent modernizations and updates.
The Library houses more than 48,000 physical and 200,000 digital items including books, ebooks, periodicals and multimedia that support that support Cabrini’s academic programs.
Students have access to more than forty desktop computers and twenty tablets with internet access, word processing, and other software applications.
Individual and group study space can be found throughout the Library, with a large student lounge located on the lower level.
Also housed in the building are the Cabrini Archives and the Cabriniana Collection, which contains writings and ephemera of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini.
When Cabrini was first established in 1957, the library was comprised of fewer than 5,000 books and was housed in what is today the office of the Vice President for Finance in the Mansion.
In 1960, the Library moved to Founder’s Hall (known as Sacred Heart Hall at that time and built at a cost of $1 million). In 1962, it housed a collection of 11,000 volumes, and the student body numbered 300 women.
Mother Ursula had advocated the construction of a new Library building even before the college had opened, and the present structure was dedicated in 1966 and counted over 20,000 books in its collections. The original specifications were for a building that would accommodate 60,000 books, seat 120 students and function adequately for 30 years.
The Grace and Joseph Gorevin Fine Arts Gallery is located on the second floor.
Through the generosity of Nancy Gorevin Costello (’71), to honor the memory of her parents, the art gallery in the Holy Spirit Library was redesigned and remodeled.
Nancy’s mother, a classically trained artist, and her father, a life-long patron of the arts, will be honored in perpetuity by the establishment of the Grace and Joseph Gorevin Fine Arts Gallery on the campus of Cabrini in Radnor, PA.
Students, faculty, and professional artists display their work throughout the year.