Visitors to Cabrini University pass the Gate House at the entrance from King of Prussia Road.
Along with the Mansion, Grace Hall, and the Emmaus House, the Gate House is one of the four original Woodcrest Estate buildings that remain today.
The gatehouse, just north of Eagle Road, was built in 1902 of Conshohocken stone, limestone trim, and stucco on a wood frame, matching the mansion and stable design of Tudor Revival.
The pond in front of the gatehouse was always fed by a stream that wanders along the edge of the property.
This old stone springhouse was torn down in order to build Woodcrest gatehouse. It had been used by the Pechin family who lived in the homestead on the opposite side of King of Prussia Road.