The Accounts Payable area of the Business Office processes check requests, travel reimbursement, vendor invoices, student refunds and issues the Pennsylvania State Tax Exemption Certificate and Alcohol Authorization letter.
The Accounts Payable Processing Information Matrix (Link Below) explains the required forms, processing directions and links to the forms.
Accounts Payable Processing Information Matrix
- Standard payment terms are Net 30 days and paid after the good is received and operational or after the service has been rendered.
- Invoices should not include tax.
- Proforma Invoices, Proposals, Quotes, Estimates and Order/Shipping Confirmations are not considered invoices and cannot be used for payment purposes.
- Check request, invoice (under $4,999 signed by Dean/Director, over $5,000 signed by the area VP) and support documentation can be scanned to AP@cabrini.edu.
- Travel Reimbursement and support documentation can be scanned to AP@cabrini.edu. For All Expenses, attach an itemized receipt. For Mileage attach a roundtrip turn-by-turn direction route showing actual miles travelled. For Tolls attach Toll by Plate invoice or E-ZPass toll charge summary. Travel reimbursement submission more than 30 days old from the completion of travel will not be honored.
- Invoice issued with a Purchase Order number should be signed by the area VP, does not require a check request and can be scanned to AP@cabrini.edu.
- New vendors require a completed W9 form attached to the check request.
- All checks are mailed via USPS unless specified on the check request form.
- All Event, Speaker and Mobile Food Truck waivers must be scanned to Contracts@cabrini.edu for review, approval and sign off PRIOR to processing and payment request.
- ALL CHECK REQUESTS, TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT AND INVOICE PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE OR BY WEDNESDAY 3:00PM FOR PROCESSING BY FRIDAY.
- Checks cannot be physically printed any earlier than Friday by 12:00 noon.
- Requests that are not signed, missing the required support documentation or are incomplete in some way WILL NOT be processed for Friday’s check run.
- The deposit or full payment for Event Guest Speakers, Event Vendors, Mobile Food Trucks or External Event Venues such as Restaurants and Sport & Entertainment Complexes are to be made using a Check Request.
- Alternative compensation methods such as Gift Cards, Contributions and Donations or purchases made in the guest speaker or vendor’s name or someone else’s name and purchased using a personal credit card are Not Permitted or reimbursable.
- Employees of the University are to be paid through Payroll.
The above PDF will assist you in determining the status of departmental check requests.
Alternative Compensation for Event Speakers & Vendors