The Business Office is responsible for the procurement functions of Cabrini. Generally, department representatives may initiate purchases covered by funds approved in their budgets.
Cabrini’s goal in procurement is to procure goods and services that meet community needs in a timely, efficient, and properly controlled manner in adherence to standard business practices and requirements for the expenditure of government grants.
The Business Office fulfills this responsibility by educating the community about “best procurement practices,” managing purchase orders, and enforcing the policies and procedures.
- Before making a purchase, review exclusive vendors.
- Contact procurement manager to negotiate purchase of goods and services.
- Complete a purchasing requisition and obtain necessary approvals.
Materials & Equipment
Less than $100:
Cabrini has two ways to procure items totaling $99 or less.
- Use a Cabrini-issued purchasing card.
- If you do not have a card, ask the departmental administrative staff for assistance.
- Use your own cash or credit card.
- To receive reimbursement, submit the original sales slip with a check request to Accounts Payable.
- The employee reimbursement is via direct deposit.
Between $100 and $2,000:
Use a Cabrini-issued purchasing card.
$2,000 or More:
Purchases greater than $2,000 not listed as a following exception require a purchase order, which should be charged on a Cabrini-issued purchasing card.
These include but are not limited to:
- airline/train tickets
- meals, hotels, travel expenses
- conference/seminar registrations
- dues, memberships, licenses, application fees
- all subscriptions/renewals
- books, publications, periodicals, newsletters
For any questions about these exceptions or others not listed, please contact the Business Office.
Cabrini is classified as a non-profit educational institution and, as such, is exempt from the Pennsylvania Sales and Use Tax, unless otherwise noted in the tax laws.
Most other states allow their merchants to honor this exemption. However, some states require tax payments for goods and services.
To take advantage of this status, payments must be made directly to the supplier from the supplier’s invoice. Cabrini will not reimburse individuals for sales tax in excess of $5.
Travel Use Vehicle Rental-Domestic Policy
Guidelines for Vehicle Rental
Cabrini University’s exclusive contracted commercial rental agency is National Car Rental and Enterprise. The contract offers attractive rental rates and includes insurance for physical damage when used for business purposes. All employees that are required to drive as it relates to their job duties and responsibilities are permitted to rent a vehicle. Students, subcontractors and volunteers are prohibited from renting a vehicle. Rental eligibility requires enrollment in the Provider’s Emerald Club Program; a University issued Procurement Card and completion of the Vehicle Rental Application form.
Please review the Business Related Travel Use Vehicle Rental-Domestic Policy for all the guidelines and instructions on our website.
- All vehicle rentals must be booked through Enterprise or National. No other provider is to be used regardless of travel agency, pricing, incentives or promotions.
- University’s contract identification number (XZ17DU5) MUST be used for all reservations.
- Payment must be made using a University issued Procurement Card (PCard).
- Enrollment in the Provider’s Emerald Club Program is required
- Employee is responsible to ensure that Pennsylvania sales tax is not charged.
- Vehicle Rental Authorization
- Business Vehicle Rental Policies and Procedures