Borrowing, Renewal, and ILL
The regular circulation period for books is three weeks. Tablets can be borrowed for a week, and media have different loan periods. During vacation periods, when the library is closed, the due date is adjusted as necessary. Material is never due on a day that the library is closed. Reserve materials have different circulation periods and generally can be used within the Library for two hours. Reference materials and journals cannot be checked out.
Patrons are allowed two renewals for most items. The exceptions are that tablets can only be renewed once, and materials on hold for other patrons cannot be renewed. Some items may be renewed by telephone (610.902.8538).
In addition to affiliates of Cabrini University, students of Eastern University, Valley Forge Military College, and the SEPCHE colleges and universities are welcome to borrow materials upon presentation of a valid institution ID. Students from TCLC-member institutions may borrow up to three items with a letter of introduction from their home Library. Local residents of Radnor and Tredyffrin Townships ages 18 years and older may borrow up to three items with proof of residency. Alumni of Cabrini University must present proof of alumni status and a driver's license or similar identification. Alumni are limited to regularly circulating materials and may borrow up to three items.
Fees, Fines, and Holds
Regularly circulating overdue books accrue fines at the rate of ten cents per day. Reserve material and tablets are fined ten dollars for every day they are late. DVDs, other audio-visual materials, and Newbery and Caldecott books are fined one dollar for every day they are late. Materials do not accrue fines on days when the library is closed.
- For lost items, borrowers will be charged the the price of the item plus a $25 cataloging/processing fee.
- If the material is no longer in print and the Library is unable to replace it, a flat fee of $50 will be charged to cover the cost of comparable replacement materials, plus the $25 cataloging/processing fee.
- If material which is charged out is needed, a hold can be placed on the item.
Patrons will be notified when items become available and will have one week to pick up the material.
In addition to borrowing privileges at Cabrini University, students may borrow materials in person from SEPCHE institutions and from member institutions of TCLC (Tri-state College Library Cooperative). In all cases, students must present proof of Cabrini affiliation and must request a letter of introduction from a Cabrini librarian for use at TCLC libraries.
Items unavailable in the collection may be requested by students, faculty, and staff of Cabrini through interlibrary loan. Forms for books and articles can be submitted electronically through the Library's databases or by completing the following form: ILL Form. You may also contact the ILL Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Delivery of materials can take up to ten days, so please plan ahead.
- American Philosophical Society Library
- Arcadia University Library
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Bryn Athyn College of the New Church
- Bryn Mawr College Library
- Bucks County Community College
- Chester County Library System
- Chestnut Hill College Library
- College of Physicians
- Community College of Philadelphia Library
- David Library of the American Revolution
- Delaware County Community College Library
- Delaware County Library System
- Delaware State University, William C. Jason Library
- Delaware Valley College, Joseph Krauskopf Memorial Library
- Delaware Technical & Community College Libraries
- Drexel University, Hagerty Library
- Eastern University, Warner Memorial Library
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Goldey-Beacom College, J. Wilbur Hirons Library
- Gwynedd-Mercy College, Lourdes Library
- Hagley Museum and Library
- Haverford College Libraries
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Immaculata University, Gabriele Library
- Jenkins Law Library
- Lafayette College Libraries
- La Salle University Connelly Library
- Lehigh Unversity Library Services
- Library Company of Philadelphia
- Montgomery County Community College, Learning Resources Center
- Neumann College Library
- Peirce College Library
- Penn State Abington Library
- Penn State Great Valley Library
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Library
- Philadelphia City Archives
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Digital Library
- Philadelphia University, Gutman Library
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Boyer Library
- Princeton University Library
- Radnor Memorial Library
- Rider University Libraries
- Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Rowan University Library
- Rutgers University Libraries
- St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, Ryan Memorial Library
- St. Joseph's University Libraries
- Swarthmore College Libraries
- Temple University Libraries
- Temple University Urban Archives
- Thomas Jefferson, Scott Memorial Library
- University of Delaware
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- University of the Arts Libraries
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, J.W. England Library
- Villanova University, Falvey Memorial Library
- West Chester University Francis Harvey Green Library
- Widener University Libraries
- Wilmington University, Robert C. & Dorothy M. Peoples Library
- Wintherthur Library
- LIBWEB: Library Servers via WWW
- ARL Member Libraries - links to the more than 120 members of the Association of Research Libraries
- Federal Depository Library Program - locate federal depository libraries
- Presidential Libraries - National Archives and Records Administration
- Z39.50 Gateway - Search the Library of Congress Catalog and other catalogs using this gateway access
- LIBWEB : Library Servers via WWW
- The European Library - search portal for access to the combined collections of the 43 European national libraries