Commuting at Cabrini
Cabrini welcomes commuter students and offers many services and opportunities specifically designed to enhance the commuter experience at Cabrini.
Message for 2018-19 Commuters Using Public Transportation:
Our Public Safety Office has a “Commuter Corner” that includes a large map of the SEPTA routes and a laptop that can be used to find the quickest and least expensive way to use public transportation to access Cabrini.
If you plan on commuting via public transportation to campus, please contact Student Life at Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may assist you with information.
The Center for Student Engagement and Leadership (SEaL) has a liaison that represents the needs and wants of commuter students. The student-run Cabrini Commuter Crew (C3) also represents the voice for the commuter student population and plans events throughout the year.
Cabrini has even found a way to welcome first-year commuter students into the program of Living and Learning Communities (LLCs). The Cabrini Cruisers Living and Learning Community is designed specifically for commuting first-year students to explore their talents and develop leadership skills.
To learn more about the different services and opportunities Cabrini offers commuter students—appreciation days, breakfast bars, carpools, Commuter Crew, lockers, lounges, meal plans, newsletters, snack shacks—or to suggest other ideas for commuters, visit SEaL on the first floor of the Widener Center.
Resources for Commuter Students
Commuter students have identified the following spaces as great places to spend that extra time between classes.
- Founder's Hall Second Floor Lounge: This lounge has been unofficially named the Commuter Lounge and is located in the Communication Center on the second floor of Founder's Hall. The Commuter Crew meets here, and there is a TV, a microwave, vending machines, couches, and tables. Although not as quiet as the library, the space is somewhat quiet for studying and socializing.
- Founder's Hall Lobby: The main lobby in Founder's Hall is a high-traffic area with couches for lounging and socializing.
- The Cabrini Bean: Located on the first floor of the Widener Center, Jazzman's has a wide range of drinks and food available with tables and seating. Space includes a big-screen TV and usually has music playing.
- Library: The Library has many quiet spaces to study or work on one of the computers.
- Grace Hall Atrium: Snack and drink machines are available, along with couches.
CAV Car Pool
This commuter program is designed to help students save gas and meet new people. If you're interested in receiving a ride or sharing your car with another Cabrini Cavalier, stop by the Commuter Board, located on the second floor of the Widener Center.
To sign up, students post their information on the board, including name, email or phone number, and information about from where you are driving or from where you need a ride.
Students are responsible for securing their own car pool by contacting other students who have posted their information.
Lockers are available on the second floor of the Widener Center. If you're interested in using a locker, all you need to do is supply your own lock. Lockers must be cleaned out at the end of each semester.