Political Science Program Details
The political science major provides a solid background in the theoretical and analytical concepts of political science and stimulates thought and action so the student can understand, if not control, the political factors that shape destiny.
Coursework develops sound research, writing principles, and the impetus to pursue objectively methods of understanding.
Political science majors find a variety of career options in business, government at all levels, law, and teaching.
- Identify and classify various types of political and economic systems used around the world
- Apply to a political issue the various patterns and tools of foreign policy as well as the various theories of decision-making
- Display a well-founded perspective on contemporary intra- and inter-governmental issues and problems at the domestic and global level
- Articulate a critical understanding of the political ideas, theories, and ideologies that brought governmental institutions into being and sustain their existence
- Define and analyze the various methods and procedures used by the political system to meet the demands of its citizens
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Management occupations.