Music Industry Program Details
Cabrini’s Music Industry major prepares you for success in the complicated, rapidly changing, and multi-billion-dollar music industry.
As a Music Industry major, you will gain a broad skill set that allows you to pursue a range of careers in the industry, from music producer, promoter, artist representative or manager, booking agent, studio manager, or concert manager. If you are looking for more freedom in your career and would like to work as a freelancer, you will be prepared with a thorough background in today’s music production and business practices in a wide variety of genres, from hip-hop to classical.
All Music Industry majors learn about licensing, management, publishing, marketing, and music, regardless of prior music experience or training. While key courses and specific electives allow students to focus on certain areas of music interest, students also extend their understanding of the industry by interacting with classmates who have diverse backgrounds:
- Non-performance students with little to no musical background
- Music performance (instrumental/vocal) students, from beginning to advanced
- Music composition/songwriting students, from beginning to advanced, which may include but isn’t limited to hip-hop, rock, country, and classical music
- Business and management students interested in working in the music industry
- Musicians and songwriters who are working in the field and looking to broaden their music business and marketing skills
Hands-on, high-impact practices—including comprehensive musicianship experiences—set students who major in this multidisciplinary program apart for success in today’s competitive digital music age. All majors also complete an internship and a capstone project designed to give them an advantage in the job market.
With its emphasis on hands-on learning and skill development, the Music Industry program prepares students for a variety of internships and careers, including:
- Music producer
- Artist representative or manager
- Booking agent
- Studio manager
- Concert manager
- Event production, managementm planningm, technology
- Music web producer
- The XMusica Society is a presenting organization administered and operated by Cabrini University students, under the supervision of its advisor. Through concerts, workshops, and guest artists and composers, XMusica Society is dedicated to the creation, promotion, understanding, and performance of music, with a particular focus on new music.
- Hands-on, high-impact practices—including comprehensive musicianship experiences—set students who major in this multidisciplinary program apart for success in today’s competitive digital music age
- Key courses and specific electives allow you to focus on certain areas of music interest, while you extend your understanding of the industry by interacting with classmates who have diverse backgrounds