Marketing Program Details
Students may find a concentration or minor useful in customizing the Marketing major to meet diverse career goals.
Concentrations in nonprofit management and public administration prepare students who wish to work in those sectors of the economy.
Concentrations in skill areas allow students to further specialize in their field of study. Marketing majors and minors may find skill concentrations in advertising or management information systems especially useful.
- Brand management
- Marketing research
- Sales promotion
- Sales management
- Product development
- Sports marketing
- International marketing
- Demonstrate a foundation of theory and factual knowledge in the key sub-disciplines of for-profit and not-for-profit marketing, including product and service development and planning, consumer behavior, marketing research, advertising, pricing, promotion, distribution, global marketing, electronic commerce and promotion, sales and salesmanship, distribution, retail management, and strategic marketing planning
- Successfully apply marketing theory and processes in evaluating and solving business situations and problems related to marketing
- Synthesize and utilize resources acquired in the core business program, including the general business disciplines of accounting, economics, human resource management, business management, and business law
- Identify, collect, analyze, develop and implement research to explore business threats and opportunities, create effective marketing programs, arrive at effective solutions to marketing and general business problems, and engage in both quantitative and qualitative decision marking
- Understand how global and domestic economic and political issues and governmental regulations affect marketing and almost all other aspects of operating a business
- Understand and appreciate ethical business practices and make ethical business decisions
- Effectively express, both in oral and written form, marketing concepts utilizing generally accepted marketing and business concepts, terminology, and formats
- Make meaningful contributions as team members and leaders in the workplace and community utilizing interpersonal skills
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations.