Human Resources Management Program Details
Featuring a common business core that integrates the various strategic areas of business, our Human Resources program will prepare you for the next step in your career, whether you're looking to become a generalist in human resources, to specialize in a certain field within human resources, such as areas such as organization development, training and development, labor relations, and compensation and beneﬁts, or to succeed in the general field of management.
Students are advised to take at least one internship ﬁeld work experience. These internships are available in major business and nonproﬁt organizations and allow students to learn more about speciﬁc areas within human resources.
Most students who participate in the Human Resources Management program become Human Resources professionals, but others participate to prepare themselves for a career in the general field of management. Students will ﬁnd the use of a concentration or minor as a way to further customize the Human Resources Management major in response to speciﬁc employment markets, such as the nonproﬁt sector or government agencies, or as a method of broadening their knowledge in the international arena or in the management of information.
- Major or minor option
- Customize your education with a concentration or minor
- Robust internship program
- Function effectively as a team leader or team member, as required in a workplace setting, utlitizing interpersonal skills and understanding
- Solve problems and make decisions appropriate to specific human resource management situations by critically evaluating, analyzing and interpreting pertinent information to
- Identify, collect, analyze, and present valid data and statistics for use in decision making in the fields of statistics, staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development, and organization development
- Articulate, orally and in written form, human resource management issues and events using appropriate terminology, formats, and technologies
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Management occupations.