Graphic Design Program Details
As a Graphic Design program participant, you will gain hands-on experience working in print, web, and multimedia; by the time you graduate, you will have a comprehensive graphic design portfolio that demonstrates your skillset to potential employers.
Utilizing the latest technology, including the professional Apple computer labs that allow you to have hands-on experience using the same equipment and software found in professional design studios around the world, and through our strong internship program, you'll demonstrate your knowledge by putting your skills tow ork and strengthening your ability to translate ideas into visual concepts in print, web, and multimedia mediums.
With its emphasis on hands-on learning and a multitude of mediums, the Graphic Design program prepares students for internships and careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Book design
- Corporate design
- Interactive media design
- Magazine design
- Museum exhibits
- Packaging and label design
- Publication design
- Web design
- Utilize the latest technology and professional-level equipment and software
- Emphasis on hands-on learning in print, web, and multimedia
- Develop a comprehensive design portfolio
- Demonstrate a visual problem solving method of creativity using critical thinking and research techniques
- Understand the principles and elements of design
- Demonstrate skills in design, layout, typography, pre-press, and printing
- Use the appropriate computer technology in the creation of design projects
- Create a professional graphic design portfolio of ten to 12 projects that demonstrate effective design solution
- Articulate concept intention and construction of meaningful images through written or oral communication
- Understand relevant and ethical practices as they apply to the graphic design profession
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations.