Finance Program Details
Featuring a common business core that integrates the various strategic areas of business, the Finance major or minor provides prepares you for the professional world with a broad range of skills that can be applied to a variety of careers.
Develop skills in banking, corporate ﬁnance, investment management, commercial development, and private wealth management that will allow you to move professionally within your chosen career sector.
The ﬁnance major prepares students for a professional position in a variety of areas including:
- Corporate ﬁnance
- Investment management
- Commercial development
- Private wealth management
- Major or minor option
- Wide range of professional options
- Customizable to your specific career goals
- Function effectively as a team leader or team member, as required in a workplace setting
- Solve specific financial problems that require critical analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of financial information
- Express orally and in writing complex financial concepts, using appropriate terminology, formats, and technologies
- Develop a basic knowledge of current domestic and global financial events
- Master basic concepts in finance at a level appropriate for graduates of an undergraduate major in the field, including Ratio Analysis, Time Value of Money, Capital Budgeting, Investment Fundamentals, Financial Markets, and International Finance
- Understand the role of ethical behavior and social responsibility in business
- Understand and evaluate the impact of business decisions on others
- Appreciate the role that business can play in societal change
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Business and financial operations occupations.