Chemistry Program Details
When you major in Chemistry at Cabrini, you’ll experience hands-on discovery, experimentation, and research in a broad investigational approach to the field designed to prepare you for a successful career or to continue with graduate, medical, or professional school.
The chemistry program at Cabrini is designed to prepare chemistry majors for successful careers in a variety of industries and professions including:
- The pharmaceutical industry
- Secondary Education*
*Secondary Education, Chemistry is not accepting incoming students as new majors.
- Major or minor option
- Integrated program that emphasizes hands-on discovery
- Agreements with professional schools for continued education
- Understand foundational biological, chemical, and physical science concepts, as emphasized in the core science course requirements
- Apply the scientific method and possess problem-solving skills necessary to design, conduct, and troubleshoot experiments and to test a hypothesis
- Read, understand, and critically review scientific papers and interpret and analyze data presented in various forms (e.g., graphs, tables, narrative) using critical-thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Present scientific ideas to multiple audiences using the accepted format of the discipline using written and oral communication skills
- Gain entry into the science workplace and/or graduate/professional schools utilizing a basic proficiency in computational skills, lab techniques, and use of technology
*Employment projections taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics report for employment category: Life, physical, and social science occupations.