Master of Science in Leadership
The Master of Science in Leadership (MSL) is designed for working professionals who want the skills and confidence to take on more leadership responsibility in their careers.
Regardless of a student’s field or industry, this MBA alternative is designed to give them the tools needed to take the next step without giving up their current job or life.
Our competitively priced program is designed to be flexible and can be completed in two years with part-time study. Students are allowed up to six years to complete the program.
MSL students will:
- learn to lead and manage organizational change
- gain skills to motivate a diverse workforce
- develop ethical analysis skills to uphold organizational integrity
- apply evidence-based and data-driven decision making to create leadership plans
Students are required to complete 30 credit hours (10 three-credit courses).
With satisfactory grades and advisor approval, a student may transfer up to six graduate credits of similar coursework from a previous accredited institution.
Core MSL Courses – seven classes (21 credits) required for all students:
- LDR 520 - Art and Science of Leadership
- LDR 530 - Leading Teams and Groups
- LDR 533 - Communication Skills for Leaders
- LDR 555 - Finance and Budgeting for Leaders
- LDR 593 - Leaders in a Global Environment
- LDR 595 - Leadership, Ethics, and Organizational Integrity
- LDR 615 - Capstone: Action Research
Elective MSL Courses – Students must choose three classes (9 credits)* from:
- OLG 510 - Organizational Psychology and Behavior
- OLG 565 - Strategic Planning and Management
- OLG 570 - Entreprenuerial and Intrapreneurial Leadership
- NPL 510 - Non-Profit Organizational Management
- NPL 520 - Accountability, Assessment, and Governance in the Non-Profit Sector
- NPL 540 - Understanding Leadership in the Non-Profit Sector
*Elective courses are offered on a rotating basis on a three-year cycle (each year, two to three OLG courses and one to two NPL courses are available). Students can take any combination of the preceding courses.
Students are required to meet with their advisor (Dr. Anton Shufutinsky) before beginning a program of study.
More information about Cabrini University's Master of Science in Leadership, can be found in the Graduate Catalog or the Leadership and Organizational Development Department website.