PreK–12 Administrative I / Principal Certification
The Pre K–12 Administrative I / Principal Certification Program is designed for those with a valid Pennsylvania Instructional I or Instructional II Certificate and three years of full-time permanent, contracted teaching experience.
Students may seek certification only or complete the MEd with certification.
Certification can be pursued fully online through field work embedded within courses and culminating with a supervised internship.
Cabrini University's program is based on a needs analysis of the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions required of outstanding school administrators as identified by superintendents and building administrators in the region.
It also follows the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Framework for Administrative Certification Programs.
Students can pursue their Master of Education and Leadership Principal Certification (PreK-12) on campus in Radnor, PA.
Principal Certification Courses (24 credits)
- EDG 640 - The Principalship (30 hours)
- EDG 644 - Instructional Leadership (30 hours)
- EDG 647 - School Law
- EDG 643 - Management and Decision Making (30 hours)
- EDG 645 - Supervision and Performance Evaluation (30 hours)
- EDG 646 - Technology and Communications (30 hours)
- EDG 658 - Special Education Administration (30 hours)
- EDG 659 - Principal Internship (180 hours)
Credit for program exit can be found in the Principal Program Handbook.
Special Admissions Requirement.
The Education Leadership program requires three years of teaching experience prior to admission and you must hold an Instructional I or II Certificate.