Master of Education in Educational Leadership
The Educational Leadership master’s degree is designed for teachers looking to develop skills and knowledge. The program is available online, hybrid and face-to-face. It is an ideal leadership development program utilizing courses in our PreK—12 Principal Certification.
This is a Master of Education program and may be completed fully online or through a combination of online and in-person coursework.
Students in the MEd in Educational Leadership program complete 180 hours of fieldwork embedded in the courses.
By the time you graduate with your Educational Leadership degree, you will better understand the nuances of PreK-12 administration and be ready to lead meaningful change.
Core Courses (9 credits)
- EDG 501 - Educational Research
- EDG 521 - Sociocultural Foundations of Education
- EDG 540 - Philosophical Foundations of Education
Principal Certification Courses (24 credits)
- EDG 640 - The Principalship (30 hours)
- EDG 644 - Instructional Leadership (30 hours)
- EDG 647 - School Law
- EDG 643 - Management and Decision Making (30 hours)
- EDG 645 - Supervision and Performance Evaluation (30 hours)
- EDG 646 - Technology and Communications (30 hours)
- EDG 658 - Special Education Administration (30 hours)
- EDG 659 - Principal Internship (180 hours)
A full listing of MEd courses and program details can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
Students interested in earning the MEd in Educational Leadership with the principalship certification will take an additional course, EDG 659 Principal Internship, which requires an additional 180 field hours. For information about certification requirements go to PreK-12 Administrative 1/Principal Certification.