Master of Education in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Cabrini has joined the global edX partner network and expects to bring its online Master of Education in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA) to the edX platform’s flexible degree model this fall. More to come!
The online Master of Education in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA) is designed for students who are interested in becoming transformative educators.
The 30-credit program is intended for current school teachers, students holding undergraduate degrees who are interested in a teaching career, and those who teach in alternative educational settings. Our online courses are offered in an 8-week intensive format.
Program graduates will be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and apply successful curricular models, instructional approaches, and assessment strategies in a diverse classroom community
- Demonstrate effective leadership, collaborative, and student advocacy skills
- Use self-reflection, critical thinking, and the application and interpretation of research outcomes to improve instruction and curriculum
Students are required to complete 30 hours (10 three-credit courses).
With satisfactory grades and advisor approval, a student may transfer up to six graduate credits of similar coursework from a previously attended accredited institution.
Core Requirements (9 credits)
- EDG 501 - Evaluation of Research
- EDG 521 - Sociocultural Foundations of Education
- EDG 540 - Philosophical Foundations of Education
Program-Specific Requirements (15 credits)
- EDG 558 - Curriculum Foundations (online course)
- EDG 568 - Student-Centered Curriculum (online course)
- EDG 578 - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (online course)
- EDG 588 - Curriculum Mapping (online course)
- EDG 628 - Capstone: Curriculum Design & Implementation (online course)
Each student is required to complete a capstone project related to curriculum design
Electives (6 credits)
- EDG 535 - Teaching and Learning for Equity
- EDG 570 - Exceptionalities in the Inclusive Classroom
- EDG 581 - Instructional Design and Curriculum Development
A full listing of MEd courses and program information can be found in the Graduate Catalog.