Doctorate in Educational Leadership
Now offered 100% Online or Hybrid!
Register for an Information Session to learn more
Cabrini has launched a 100% online Doctorate in Educational Leadership, building on the success of our well-established hybrid program. Deepen your knowledge and commitment to the field of Education with our flexible, competitively priced, and synchronous EdD—online or hybrid. You’ll network with classmates and faculty in a dynamic cohort model with 8-week courses.
The only difference in modalities is that the fully online program requires a three-day, in-person campus residency before classes begin, and the hybrid program, which meets for class in person twice a month, will have a brief orientation on campus.
With a Doctorate in Educational Leadership (EdD) from Cabrini—a top ranked education program provider in the state of Pennsylvania—you can take advantage of Cabrini's history of quality educational programming and commitment to the field of education. We are dedicated to preparing you for leadership, and we're committed to your success.
Cabrini's doctoral degree is designed for teacher practitioners, K–12 Administrators, leaders in higher education, and organizational leaders. The program is built on a cohort model, in which students take all classes together, allowing for extensive networking and relationship-building with peer and faculty support.
Offered in two modalities—as a 100% online program or a hybrid of online and face-to-face instruction—our program helps you juggle work, family, classes and anything else happening in your busy life. Students may complete our rigorous program in three years or take longer if they miss a course or want additional time to write their dissertation.
Our 60-credit program emphasizes the application of theory to real-life practice, including situational learning.
Uniquely embedded in the University’s mission of leading for the common good, Cabrini's EdD program goals include fostering intellectual curiosity and inquiry, preparing individuals to lead educational organizations, and developing a wider sphere of influence in educational policy and practice.
How to Apply
May 5: Applications due
May 22: Classes begin
August 11: Application due date
August 28: Classes begin
- Official transcripts from every accredited college/university you attended and/or from which you earned credit
- Your master’s degree GPA must have been 3.0 or higher
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Copies of professional state certifications/teaching licenses (if applicable)
- Scholarly or professional project, report, or paper
- Include a two-page essay explaining how this work illustrates your potential for leadership and doctoral-level scholarship as related to the Cabrini mission (please email to email@example.com with the subject “EdD Scholarly Project”)
- Two references having knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and/or professional work and leadership potential
- Interview with the Doctor of Educational Leadership Admission Committee
Curriculum and Concentrations
60 credits total
- Foundations of Leadership (12 credits)
- Choose one of the following concentrations (15 credits):
- PK-12 District Leadership with Pennsylvania Superintendent Letter of Eligibility
- PK-12 School Leadership with Pennsylvania Administrative I Certification
- Curriculum and Instruction Leadership with optional Pennsylvania Curriculum and Instruction Supervisory certificate.
- Higher Education Leadership
- Educational Leadership (general, non-certificate)
- Research (12 credits)
- Dissertation Preparation (9 credits)
- Dissertation seminars
- Academic writing course
- Dissertation (12 credits)
Cabrini’s expert faculty and network of experienced adjunct faculty are recognized leaders in the field. They guide our EdD program with research-based practices and theory to prepare students as leaders of educational organizations, empowered to influence educational policy and practice.
Dissertation support is a key part of Cabrini's doctoral program. Faculty will assist you with your dissertation work from day one.
My time at Cabrini was an excellent experience and opportunity. I completed Cabrini master’s and doctorate programs. Upon graduation, I felt Cabrini pushed me toward academic excellence, strengthened my leadership development, and prepared me to be an advocate for social justice and change in the field of education. I'm forever grateful and indebted to Cabrini University for affording me the tools to "Live with Purpose!”
—Ism’il Ar-Rahman Lamarr, EdD (MS’17, EdD’21)
The professors and administrators of the EdD program promoted personal and professional growth, while fostering an atmosphere of excellence and inclusion. Our cohort built and continues to maintain a support network of friendships beyond the classroom.
—Kathleen DiMichele, EdD (EdD’20)
I developed a comfort level with reading and critiquing primary research studies, which has allowed me to better discern the best course of action for educational practice.
The structure of the EdD program allowed me pursue topics of interest that related to my dissertation in every single course. The broad, applicable assignments and readings helped me to establish a foundation for my eventual dissertation from my first course to the very end of the three-year program.
The professors in the Cabrini EdD program catalyzed my growth as a student and as a professional. They always helped me to keep my dissertation in perspective so that it did not become overwhelming.
The Cabrini EdD was a challenging and rewarding experience overall. I would recommend this program to any burgeoning educational leaders who want to catalyze their growth, establish a foundation in current scholarship, and take their practice to the next level.
—Derrick Wood, EdD (MEd’12, EdD’20)
Transferring to Cabrini
If you are applying to the EdD program and interested in transferring in post-graduate credits, please complete this form for review at the time of admission.
Tuition is set at $830/credit.
For more information, please contact Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.902.8501.