Doctorate in Educational Leadership
With an EdD from Cabrini—a top ranked education program provider in the state of Pennsylvania—you can take advantage of Cabrini's history of quality educational programming and commitment to the field of education. We are dedicated to preparing you for leadership and we're committed to your success.
Cabrini's doctoral degree can be completed in as little as three years and emphasizes the application of theory to real-life practice, including situational learning.
The 60-credit program is offered as a hybrid of online and face-to-face instruction to help you juggle work, family, classes and anything else happening in your busy life. Our EdD program is taught by Cabrini’s expert faculty with research-based practices and theory to prepare students as leaders of educational organizations, empowered to influence educational policy and practice.
Uniquely embedded in the University’s mission of leading for the common good, Cabrini's EdD program goals include fostering intellectual curiosity and inquiry, preparing individuals to lead educational organizations, and developing a wider sphere of influence in educational policy and practice.
This is a rigorous program that can be completed in three years, but students may take longer if they miss a course or take additional time to write their dissertation.
Cabrini University’s Doctorate in Educational Leadership is designed for teacher practitioners, K–12 Administrators, leaders in higher education, and organizational leaders.
The program is built on a cohort model, in which students take all classes together, allowing for extensive networking and relationship building with peer and faculty support throughout the program.
Dissertation support is a key part of Cabrini's doctoral program with faculty support to assist you with your dissertation from day one.
- Online Application
- Deadline for Applications - August 3, 2020
- Official transcripts from every accredited college/university attended and/or from which the student earned credit
- The Master’s degree GPA requirement is 3.0 or higher
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Copies of professional state certifications/teaching licenses (if applicable)
- A scholarly or professional project, report, paper
- Two page essay explaining how this work illustrates the applicant’s potential for leadership and doctoral level scholarship as related to the Cabrini Mission (please email to email@example.com subject title " EdD Scholarly Project"
- Two references having knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and/or professional work and leadership potential
- An interview with the Doctor of Educational Leadership Admission Committee
If you are applying to the EdD program and interested in transferring in post-graduate credits, please complete this form for review at the time of admission.
- Foundations of Leadership (13 credits) Concentration (15 credits)
- PreK-12 School Leadership with Optional PK-12 Administrative I Certification
- Curriculum and Instructional Leadership
- Higher Education Leadership
- Research (12 credits)
- Dissertation Preparation (8 credits)
- Dissertation (12 credits)
Tuition for our 2020 cohort is set at $815/credit.
For more information, please contact Chuck Colella at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.902.1012.
The EdD in Educational Leadership program utilizes Cabrini’s expert faculty and network of experienced adjunct faculty, recognized as leaders in the field.
Key Program Contact
Alia Sheety, PhD
Chair, Educational Policy and Leadership
M.Ed., Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Coordinator
Associate Professor, Graduate Education