Master of Science in Biological Sciences
Cabrini University’s Master of Science in Biological Sciences (MSB) program is offered as either a full-time or part-time graduate program focused on course work, laboratory and technology skills in core areas of biochemistry, biostatistics, computational molecular biology, biotechnology, and cell biology.
The program is designed with a variety of electives that allow students to customize their degree depending on their career objectives. Students can further tailor their experience by choosing a thesis or no-thesis option.
- 30 to 32 credits (9 - 10 courses) in as little as 16 months to complete degree; full-time/part-time and thesis/non-thesis options available
- Evening classes designed for working professionals
- Affordable, competitively priced tuition
- Individualized attention and mentoring through small classes
- Customizable through elective courses
- Limited Graduate Assistantships available
Sample Advanced-level Courses:
- Biochemistry of Cancer
- Computational Molecular Biology
- Instrumental Analysis
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- RNAi/siRNA and Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression
- Statistics for the Biological Sciences
- Theory & Practice in Biotechnology
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will understand the process for designing and conducting independent biological research in a primary area of expertise, and demonstrate mastery of appropriate research approaches and techniques to produce a professional-level thesis in the context of the current state of knowledge in the field.
- Students will identify, critically evaluate, synthesize, and report on primary and secondary biological literature in both oral and written formats, judge the veracity and value of peer‐reviewed publications in biology, and demonstrate an in-depth mastery of advanced concepts in the biological sciences.
- Students will apply statistical methodologies to facilitate interpretation of scientific data and will be knowledgeable of the principles for professional ethics in the conduct of science.
- Students will acquire advanced computational molecular biology skills and communicate effectively about bioinformatics through verbal and in written formats.
16 months to complete degree; full-time/part-time and thesis/non-thesis options available