Since we have been quarantined during the Easter season, I have put together a list of some fun things we did that can be done all throughout spring!
1. Dye Easter eggs!
Using shaving cream:
1) Hardboil your eggs
2) spray shaving cream into container, it can be smaller than what I used (another good idea was to use a cupcake pan).
3) smooth out shaving cream
4) squeeze a few drops of food coloring around
5) use a toothpick to swirl food coloring around. You can separate the colors into sections, or mix the colors together like we did!
6) put on latex gloves to keep your hands from turnings all kinds of colors!
7) place your dry eggs into the shaving cream and spin it around, then place on a paper towel or plate to dry for 20 minutes.
8) Gently wipe off the shaving cream and pat the egg dry!
Using nail polish:
1) Fill container(s) partially with water. (can use a cup, bowl, etc)
2) Pour some nail polish in, as many colors as wanted, and swirl around with a toothpick
3) Place egg in nail polish mixture and spin it around, then place it on a paper towel or plate to dry
2. Bake cupcakes!
We bought Baker's Corner Devil's Food Cake mixture (we made them the short way). The ingredients and directions for the mix are in the picture below.
Then, we bought frosting and sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes once they cooled.
I used green, blue, and red food coloring to color the icing! Then, if you want to be fancy, I used piping bags (you can also use ziplock bags) and you cut some of the bottom off and place the piping tip through the bag until in fits through the hole you cut. Then, you spoon the frosting into the bag/ziplock, squeeze it toward the tip like you would with toothpaste. Finally, pipe the frosting onto the cupcake slowly and decorate with sprinkles and/or jimmies if desired!
3. Send cards and/or flowers to family, friends, or a significant other that you couldn't see this Easter!
4. Do a devotional to remember why we celebrate Easter!