Dear Freshman ME,
You are starting college. Good job, I am proud of you. I know how much it means for you to be here; I know how much it took to get here. I know you probably think that you’re prepared for whatever is coming, but guess what, you actually aren’t. College is nothing like the movies, they lied to you. There’s no one streaking across campus, no cool brooding boys (sorry, guys), and it’s definitely not a cakewalk. Here are some tips that may make what you're going through a little easier.
1) Photoshoots in your room are fun, but so are other people. Spend time with them when you can.
2) Take time to enjoy the small things on campus. Cabrini isn’t a party school, but there are some things that you would be interested in doing.
3) Drop that boy. Look forward to a future of self-care and self-discovery. It’s hard to do those things with someone else. Be there for you in the same way you want him to be.
4) Drink water, trust me it helps.
5) Wear that outfit you weren’t sure about. The freshman 15 is real and you won’t be able to fit in it in three months, anyway.
6) Listen to Frank Ocean’s whole album, bro it's bomb, and it will get you through so much.
7) You don’t have to do your work during your free time. Relax and stop being an overachiever, your GPA doesn’t equate to your self-worth.
8) Look for vibes that match your own, but remember that everyone isn’t like you, be openminded.
10) Ask for help. There’s no need for you to struggle through things if someone is willing to help you.
I love you and you'll do great, you do everything you wanted.
- Future You