The Inclusivity Council members are ambassadors to the University. We advise and recommend programs and trainings on Inclusivity & Diversity to senior leadership and assess such programs that surround issues that arise involving faculty, staff and students and the surrounding community.
Cabrini's Inclusive Campus
We strive to create a community free from bias, a community that enhances each person's ability to learn and work in an environment where diversity is both embraced and valued. At Cabrini diversity includes individual differences (e.g., personality, learning styles, and life experiences) and group/social differences (e.g., race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, and religion). Inclusion is the active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity. To that end, Cabrini has created an Inclusivity Council to ensure a community:
- Where all feel valued and appreciated.
- Where there is evidence of cultural dialogue between people from diverse backgrounds.
- Where there is increasing acknowledgement and acceptance of difference.
- Where diverse constituencies participate in both academic and administrative decision-making.
- Where barriers to inclusion—whether policy, practice, or systemic—are identified and addressed.
The following principles/qualities provide the foundations of an inclusive campus climate.
In our inclusive environment we move beyond traditional definitions of diversity that center on race, religion, class, gender and sexuality.
- In our inclusive environment we create safe spaces for all members of our community to speak from and engage the community from their own unique disposition/worldview.
- In our inclusive environment we value the opinions of all members of our community.
It is imperative to note that expressions or actions that disparage an individual's or group's ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other aspect of difference are contrary to the fundamental mission and values of the University.
Please click here for the full Cabrini University Statement of Inclusivity.
Inclusivity Council Members:
George Stroud, EdD (Chair), 610-902-8416
Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students
Rasheeda Ahmad, EdD
Assistant Professor of Education
Assistant Director for Programming
Angela Campbell, PhD
Assistant Professor, Education Policy and Leadership
Assistant Dean, School of Education
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Associate Director of the First Year Experience and Professional Advisor
Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life
Coordinator, Educational Partnerships
Director of Diversity Initiatives
Director, Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator
Executive Director, Wolfington Center
Executive Director, Nerney Leadership Institute