Spirit of Service Award
To honor 60 years, the University is encouraging the Cabrini community to perform and record a collective 60,000 hours of service in 2017.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends are invited to dedicate their service hours in 2017 to Cabrini.
- Dedication-of-Service Form
- Each time you perform service, please fill out this form again.
Your service hours will be tracked, and awards will be given at the following levels:
- 10 hours reported:
A special 60th anniversary challenge coin will be issued.
- 60 hours reported:
A certificate signed by the University president will be given, recognizing your service to the University and the community.
- 100+ hours:
Participants will be recognized by the President’s Volunteer Service Award, a national recognition supported by the federal government.
All participants will be invited to attend the Yule Log event in December 2017, where a post-event reception will be held to honor them.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
What is service?
Any actions you take to benefit your community, including:
- Direct service, like volunteering at a soup kitchen or reading at a school
- Board service, like serving on the board of directors of Cabrini University or a museum
- Promoting justice in your community, like educating young people on their rights or protesting for a cause
- Religious service, like leading worship or volunteering in your religious community
If you have questions about what would be considered service, please contact Tom Southard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that direct political action, like making calls for a political campaign, may not count towards your time.