Writing Center Schedule
The Writing Center is open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. We offer 45-minute appointments to undergraduate and masters level students. These appointments can be made online at https://cabrini.mywconline.com (account required). If you would like to schedule an appointment, but none of the available times work for your schedule, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
*Spring Semester 2019*
The Writing Center offers both appointments and walk-in sessions for students.
- Are 45 minutes long (minimum 25 minutes).
- Start at 9AM Monday through Friday.
- Can be made online at https://cabrini.mywconline.com (account required).
- Are 25 minutes long (minimum 15 minutes).
- Available on a first-come first-served basis:
Monday: 9am - 12pm
Tuesday : 2 - 4pm
Wednesday: 4 - 6pm
Thursday: 12 - 3pm
Friday: 9am - 12pm
In order to make our services accessible to more students and respect your and your tutor's time, please keep the following policies in mind when scheduling an appointment:
- Session limits - Students can use our services once a day for three times a week.
- Lateness - Students who are more than 10 minutes late to an appointment may only be seen as a walk-in if the schedule allows.
- No-shows/Cancellations - Please cancel 1 day in advance of your appointment. If a student cancels or misses more than 3 appointments, s/he may come in only during walk-in sessions for the rest of the semester.
- Required Visits – In order to allow tutors time to review drafts and offer strategies for students to practice, students must meet for a minimum of 25 minutes for an appointment and 15 minutes for a walk-in session. Students must also be prepared to work on a full draft as required by their professor. If these requirements are not met, the visit will not count as a full session and the professor will not be notified.
- Take-Home Exams – Writing Center tutors may not assist students with any work on a take-home exam/quiz unless we have specific permission from the instructor.
To Schedule a Writing Center Appointment:
Visit the Writing Center’s online scheduling site at: https://cabrini.mywconline.com
If it is your first time visiting, click “Register for an account.”
Enter all of the requested information. Select “Register” when you have completed the form.
As you register:
Make sure you use your Cabrini email account when you enter your email address.
To receive reminders each time you make, change, or cancel an appointment, leave the answers to each of the statements at the bottom of the page as “Yes."
You will then be taken back to the home page where you will enter your email address and password. Under "Available Schedules," select the appropriate Writing Center schedule and click "Log In."
- Selecting the correct schedule is vital because otherwise you may schedule an appointment with other programs on campus, such as the DRC or Professional Advising.
Once you have logged in using your Cabrini email account, you will see the current Writing Center schedule.
The white blocks indicate available appointment times.
Click on the white block that best fits your schedule.
In the pop-up window, you must provide the course, instructor and assignment you would like to work on during your tutoring session or you will not be able to make an appointment.
Once you have filled-in the required information, select “Save Appointment.”
If you have chosen to receive confirmation of appointment emails, you will receive an email at that point.
To Cancel a Writing Center Appointment:
Visit https://cabrini.mywconline.com up to 1 day before your appointment.
Login with your Cabrini email and password you created for your WCONLINE account.
Click on the drop down arrow to the right of your name in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
Use the cursor to hover over “My Appointments.” Select the appointment that you would like to cancel or reschedule from the list.
Choose the “Cancel this Appointment” option at the bottom of the pop-up window.
If you have chosen to receive confirmation emails in your profile, you will receive an email. (You may need to check your Junk Email folder.)
Note: You may cancel or miss three appointments per semester. After that, you may meet with a tutor only during walk-in hours for the rest of the semester.
To Join the Waiting List:
If you would like to make an appointment on a particular day, but all of the appointment times are already taken, you can join the Waiting List. You will then be notified if an appointment opens up that meets your scheduling needs. You can join the Waiting List by taking the following steps:
- Identify the day that you would like a writing center appointment.
- On the right hand side of the screen, click the text that says "Waiting List: <DATE>."
- In the pop-up window, choose the staff member and/or start and end times when you would like an appointment that day. You may choose nothing to indicate you will meet with any staff member at any time.
- Click “Add to Waiting List.”
- If you selected a specific person or time, you will need to follow the same process for each staff member and time for which you would like to be notified of an open appointment. You will also need to repeat this process for each day you would like an appointment on.
6. You will be emailed if an open appointment becomes available that meets your requirements.
7. If you receive a notification, you must log in to www.cabrini.mywconline.com first and reserve the newly opened appointment in your name before coming to the Writing Center.
If you have questions or concerns when scheduling or canceling an appointment, please call the Writing Center at 610.902.8506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a .pdf of these WCOnline instructions click here.